Hey Google, is my closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
    This will require the help of the Chromecast plugin for it to play back to the gh devices.
    Or my plugin ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post

Or my plugin ;-)
      Aren't the two plugins directed to very different (though in some usage cases complementary) functions? I.e., the "Chromecast" plugin is directed to getting sound out of Chromecast enabled devices (music, audio files, or text to speech), while your plugin is more about voice processing?

Comment

True.

What i was trying to make clear: in my goodnight routine i added a call to the processing of my plugin.

When it is triggered, it will detect if any of my gates are open. If so, it will reply via GH:
        > The front gate is still open. Do you want to close it?
        > Ok, I'll close the gate for you

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz

This will require the help of the Chromecast plugin for it to play back to the gh devices.

Or my plugin ;-)
          Or https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...stom-responses :-)
          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Does that allow follow-up questions ?

Comment

mrceolla Sounds like your plugin will work pretty nice if it route the speak back to GH. I will try this when I get back from CES

Comment

Does that allow follow-up questions ?
                As is, sorta. However you would currently need to re-invoke by saying "Hey Google, tell HomeSeer..." to send the follow-up response.

I'm sure Dialogflow could be updated to allow for more natural follow-ups and not needing to re-invoke your action, but I haven't had any need for that yet so didn't bother spending the time on it. If someone else figures that out please let me know. I was hoping I could just add code to the Fulfillment Inline editor to call itself again if HS responded with a question, but again, I didn't try yet.
                HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                  mrceolla Sounds like your plugin will work pretty nice if it route the speak back to GH. I will try this when I get back from CES
                  To be clear, the solution I am using is not a plugin, per se, but does require Jon00's Echo Helper plugin if you want custom/variable responses. The rest is all done in Dialogflow and Actions on Google.

Comment

Working...
                  X