X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrceolla
    replied
    Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
    mrceolla Sounds like your plugin will work pretty nice if it route the speak back to GH. I will try this when I get back from CES
    To be clear, the solution I am using is not a plugin, per se, but does require Jon00's Echo Helper plugin if you want custom/variable responses. The rest is all done in Dialogflow and Actions on Google.

Leave a comment:

• mrceolla
    replied
    Originally posted by kriz83 View Post

Does that allow follow-up questions ?
    As is, sorta. However you would currently need to re-invoke by saying "Hey Google, tell HomeSeer..." to send the follow-up response.

I'm sure Dialogflow could be updated to allow for more natural follow-ups and not needing to re-invoke your action, but I haven't had any need for that yet so didn't bother spending the time on it. If someone else figures that out please let me know. I was hoping I could just add code to the Fulfillment Inline editor to call itself again if HS responded with a question, but again, I didn't try yet.

Leave a comment:

• dannieboiz
    replied
    mrceolla Sounds like your plugin will work pretty nice if it route the speak back to GH. I will try this when I get back from CES

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    Does that allow follow-up questions ?

Leave a comment:

• mrceolla
    replied
    Originally posted by dannieboiz

This will require the help of the Chromecast plugin for it to play back to the gh devices.

Or my plugin ;-)
    Or https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...stom-responses :-)

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    True.

What i was trying to make clear: in my goodnight routine i added a call to the processing of my plugin.

When it is triggered, it will detect if any of my gates are open. If so, it will reply via GH:
    > The front gate is still open. Do you want to close it?
    > Ok, I'll close the gate for you

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied

Or my plugin ;-)
    Aren't the two plugins directed to very different (though in some usage cases complementary) functions? I.e., the "Chromecast" plugin is directed to getting sound out of Chromecast enabled devices (music, audio files, or text to speech), while your plugin is more about voice processing?

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    This will require the help of the Chromecast plugin for it to play back to the gh devices.
    Or my plugin ;-)

Leave a comment:

• dannieboiz
    replied
    I get your point, but I get automation to simplify my life.

At 10pm my gate closes at 7am gate open, when I say goodnight, all the appropriate lights turn off and if any doors or gate is open, it willspeak "the house is not secured"

This can be taken further by expanding the events to tell you which door is open etc..

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    The good night part is easy that can be acheived with an event and group actions and speak command. Problem here is that you have to rely on the speak client.
    That is not the same as it is one way (speaker only). I'm talking about '2 way interaction' as I don't feel comfortable with HS (or any automation) closing the gate or garage automatically without me saying it should do so.

Leave a comment:

• dannieboiz
    replied
    The good night part is easy that can be acheived with an event and group actions and speak command. Problem here is that you have to rely on the speak client.

It's querying specific sensor at any given time and have GH respond is where it makes sensors. Things such as, "Is my front door locked" or "Is my garage open"

Try asking "Is the XXX light on" and you'll get an answer, this needs to be extended to locks and sensors.

Leave a comment:

• kriz83
    replied
    I added it to my goodnight routine in Google Home. So whenever I say goodnight, it will turn down the lights and trigger a script (either through my plugin or the page from mrceolla) which will immediately speak the status of my doors, windows, gate and garage in the goodnight routine. If the garage or gate is still open, it will ask if it needs to close them.

Couldn't live without it anymore TBH

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    This is pretty timely I've been wanting to expand to spoken digests whereas Homeseer can construct a specific message given status'. Like when I say goodnight it checks all of the doors and locks then confirms everything is all good while reading the weather for the next day etc. I'd want it to be dynamic given whatever's going on. That has a practical application. It's not as necessary but would be pretty good for arrival events as well. One day, having To-Do, calendar events, reminders, etc. This year I'm trying to have Reginald really become the butler he was always destined to be.

Leave a comment:

• mrceolla
    replied
    Hi jvm,

Sure. It is attached. I don't know vb that well so I'm sure this could be done in a better way, but it works so I leave it alone :-)

It's pretty self explanatory if you're familiar with scripting. If you're not yet familiar, I'm sure you could pick it up. I did. I've edited the RefIDs in this file out of paranoia, and added some comments for your benefit, otherwise this is what I use.

The script loops over an array. Each array element is a packed string of information about a door in the house. During the loop, pieces of text get added together based on conditions to formulate a sentence for each door that fails a check (open/close or unlocked/locked). At the end of the script, a Global Variable is set to the text that I want spoken.

Jon00's Echo Helper is programmed to listen to a number of different phrases. If one is spoken, this script runs and sets that Global Variable. Jon00's Echo Helper is then programmed to send the value of that Global Variable as a response.

A script and Jon00's Echo Helper is all you need to get this functionality out of Alexa, HSTouch, I think Speaker.exe clients, and anything else that utilizes the JSON API. To get this to work with Google Home, however, you'll need to follow the steps in other threads. One is linked to in my post #4 above, another is kriz83's plugin in post #2 above.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jvm
    replied
    Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
    Let us know how that works out for you.

FYI, I do something like this for doors as well, though not via native GH integration (see my earlier post in this thread). I have some HSM200s around that house the will glow red if a door is open somewhere, and yellow if a door is unlocked somewhere. Naturally, I don't want to walk all over the house trying to figure out which one, so I wrote a script that checks all of my doors open/closed status as well as locked/unlocked status and formulates a sentence or two to speak to me. That script along with Jon00's Echo Helper allow me to send that sentence back to GH.

I ask: "Hey Google, which doors are open?" or "Hey Google, which doors are unlocked?"

HS/GH responds with: "The front door is open and unlocked", or "The garage door is open", or "The deck door is open. The front door is closed but unlocked".

I can't tell you how happy I am to get custom responses on GH working :-)
    IF / when you have the time, it would be greatly appreciated if you can share that script and explain the basics of how to get it working. I'd like to be able to do the same thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X