Voice Commands change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Commands change?

For some reason I had a virtual switch with a basement light voice command and if I said turn on basement lights it would turn that on. It has now changed that the floor basement all the lights turn on now. Seem Google is going by floor now?

If you are using Hue, make sure your voice command is not close to the name of a Hue room.
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Nope I had that issue before and stopped linking Hue. This is acting the same way but with Homeseer Rooms and Floors

Comment

I'm not sure about Google, Alexa does not create additional groups based on HomeSeer locations. However, the device details in Alexa does show that HomeeSeer passes location info for the device as {devicename} IN {location 1} {location 2}.

I had the issue with my wife never being able to get the Syntax correct with Alexa, so I kept adding custom routines to Alexa trying to fit what the wife would say but still was not making her happy. I switched to using Lutron Pico button controllers and the wife loves them, we now have 12 of them. I still issue voice commands, wife not so much.
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

So I got this figured out. Strange issue so I got a Google Display last week and I put all the devices in rooms etc. But then if I said Turn kitchen lights on it would turn all the lights on which I dont want cause I want a scene to turn on instead. So I removed all the lights from room locations in the Google Home app which it did remove them. But It must of kept everything cahced. I unlinked relinked and it would still turn all the lights on in the kitchen even tho they were not there. I finally took the Kitchen Display out of Kitchen and deleted the room and then it stopped turning all the lights no. So something wonky with the Google connectivity.

Comment

Working...
          X