Custom buttons for on and off dont work with Google Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom buttons for on and off dont work with Google Home

I have recently integrated my Actron air conditioner with Homeseer.
    I have all the status information displaying correctly and am in the process of triggering zone on/off style commands.
    I decided to create 2 new on/off buttons for each zone with a script attached via the DeviceScriptButton_AddButton call.
    The buttons work brilliantly and the zones turn on/off on command and can be put into events etc.

I then thought it might be nice to say "hey google turn off the lounge room zone" and much to my surprise the zones that I had added the custom buttons to were no longer in Google Home.

All the other zones with the standard buttons were still there and the zones with the custom buttons had actually been removed after the resync.

I tried telling google home to resync but the zones with custom buttons remained gone.
    I then removed the custom buttons, resynced and the zones reappeared in google home.

Any ideas what might be causing this and/or a way to fix the issue ?

Current Date/Time: 15-Mar-19 3:47:29 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 2 Days 6 Hours 21 Minutes 2 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 547
    Number of Events: 138
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.3: FritzTR064
    3.0.1.13: Kodi
    3.0.0.52: MediaController
    3.1.0.28: Sonos
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Did you restart HomeSeer? I don't use Google Home or Alexa but just curious!

Edit : Read this also : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/le...s-disappearing

Eman.
    The Closer.

Comment

Yes I did do a restart. But bear in mind the buttons are there in Homeseer and work fine.
      Its the corresponding devices in Google Home that disappear when the button is changed from a HS default button to something "new".

As a further FYI I also thought maybe Google Home didnt like custom values so I changed my buttons have values of 0 and 1 like the normal switches but this still didnt help.

Comment

Working...
      X