Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not all devices show up in assistant even though they have Voice Control enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all devices show up in assistant even though they have Voice Control enabled

Just like the title says I am having strange issues with setting up GH.
    I have latest homeseer running on linux and Google home mini (I also have echo and works without any issues )

When I linked google home mini for some reason not all devices show up to be controlled, as far as I can tell these are mcsmqtt devices (sonoff).
    I tried unlinking and relinking homeseer service, and nothing seems to work.
    If I add or remove any other devices they seem to sync properly.

Does any one have any idea what could be the issue?

I too have this issue. Not everything that should appear does. For devices that do appear in Google Home that I do not want to be there, I can successfully remove them from Google Home by unchecking the Voice Control checkbox in HS and doing a resync. Unfortunately some devices that should be there simply will not show up. I can't figure out why.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I just discovered this same issue. I have a virtual device named "guest Wi-Fi" (that is how google understands me pronouncing it) and it has Voice Control checked on, but it does not appear in google home.
      I can remove some other z-wave devices f.eks. by just unchecking the checkbox, and google would update them just fine.
      Perhaps Michael McSharry has some input on this?

Comment

Compare the "Control Use" configuration in the Status Graphics sections of device that is working and one that is not. Devices need to be setup a certain way in order be be sent to GH.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

tpchristian Thanks a ton!!! I thought I looked at this already but was only paying attention to Status-Control. You saved me the hassle of going through HS Support's suggestion of removing all devices from voice control, adding only the ones I really want, then unlinking/re-linking HomeSeer, which would loose all of my Google Home configurations.

So yes, my "Control Use" was not specified for any of the values for the device I wanted to control. I changed it to match another similar device which was working correctly.

Thanks a ton!
          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

You're welcome.

Yeah I hate that standard answer from support. I have been getting "unable to reach homeseer" a lot. It started intermittently and then always. I finally did this suggestion and it did make the connectivity issues go away immediately. It took me three hours to get all of my devices (many) setup in the Home app again. However, now I am occationally getting the unable to reach message again. I don't know why we should have to go through this as a "solution" anyway. If we need to do this, then there is a bug. They used to do this a long time back because if you had something over 30 devices, their interface wouldn't work because it would get timeouts. Now, I don't know why this is still the standard answer. I can say that I can't afford to go through a three hour setup often.

BTW, another useful tool if jon00 device viewer. It offers a capability that HomeSeer doesn't. You can query all devices that have the flag set. This is helpful to find oddball devices where this got enabled. I think there are some plugin authors that are turning this on by default even when it doesn't make sense.
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Thank you tpchristian it helped, I can now see the device in the google home!

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                BTW, another useful tool if jon00 device viewer. It offers a capability that HomeSeer doesn't. You can query all devices that have the flag set. This is helpful to find oddball devices where this got enabled. I think there are some plugin authors that are turning this on by default even when it doesn't make sense.
                That is some great advice. I will checkout that plugin. That sounds like a much better solution than deselecting Voice for everything, then adding back.

Yes, I feel like Voice Control is often enabled for devices that don't make sense, lending credit to your claim. I think I've seen this problem with Z-wave devices as well which may mean HomeSeer is guilty of this as well.

Comment

I have had Great success with HS and GH. Seems that standard response approach of unlink/relink causes some very non-welcome results in the past. I do NOT do this.
                  I admist that changing/modifying a device/event, I re-sync HS with GH. It varies (sometimes ALOT) on the time frame for it to actually show up correctly. Worst case has been an overnight delay.

I have been getting lately the "unable to reach homeseer" response. Sometimes it will complete the task, sometimes it does not.
                  Oddly, I can "turn off x lights" (ALL light, or bedroom lights, etc). I get "turning off "hall light", "14" devies not found." Yet it completes the task as expected.

Google responses to queries of basic type have even been hit/miss for me lately though. (Going on for 2 months or so maybe) Varies, not everytime.

Comment

I experience similar things as you; 1) it will say it couldn't reach, but the device is controlled anyway and 2) saying some devices not found. The latter is most often when I would control several devices at once via a routine. I think that sometimes Google is to blame for this, but more often I suspect that it is HomeSeer. It would be cool if others who have these issues would log a support ticket. They tell me that they don't get other reports of these problems -- Like I am the only one. Then they go on to tell me that they probably cannot look into it because the developers are busy working on HS4. Well, I'll stop the rant now.
                    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                    Web Site
                    YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                    X