Local mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local mode

I heard Google has or is soon releasing am SDK for local capabilities as opposed to needing internet access. Any chance HomeSeer will (be able to) take advantage of this?

Regards,
    Karl
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

According to Google's documentation I do not believe it goes outside the house unless necessary.

The local home SDK enhances your smart home integration by adding a local path to execute smart home intents. It enables this by providing a secure environment to run your smart home business logic in JavaScript on Google Nest speakers and displays. This allows your JavaScript app to communicate with smart devices over the local area network (LAN).

Integration of the SDK delivers substantial performance improvements to the smart home API, including lower latency and higher reliability.

Figure 1 (not included here-Karl) showed the additional execution path that the local home SDK enables us to establish. For devices that are locally controllable, the smart home intent is routed to a Google Nest speaker or display that runs your JavaScript instead of sending that intent to your cloud. In the event that the local execution path fails, your cloud is used as a fallback execution path.
    Unfortunately that page also states that "This feature will soon be available as a developer preview."

Karl
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Any news after Google I/O'19 ?

Comment

Working...