Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google / HS3 doubling device commands, "Ok, turning 2 lights off" w/ just one light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google / HS3 doubling device commands, "Ok, turning 2 lights off" w/ just one light

I use Google Home/Assistant with HS3 heavily every day, from turning on/off speakers, lights, etc.. this afternoon I noticed that when I'd speak a command to turn on a speaker, I'd get "sure, turning on 2 things" yet the device was turned on properly... I thought it had to do with my speaker setup as I recently moved to BLRussound.. but I found it was the case when turning on a single light as well.. "hey google, turn on the game room light", would result in the game room light turning on, but google would reply "sure, turning 2 lights on". Even happened with unique device names (no two devices with similar names). I looked in the HS3 log and sure enough, there were 2 of the exact same CAPI events triggered (for the same device name). Rebooted, no change.. un-linked and re-linked HS3 and Google Home (multiple times), no change.. finally it just started behaving normally again. Any idea what happened here? I just want to be sure its nothing mis-configured on my end.

Toggling a device status manually via HS3 (not via Google) worked properly every time.. it was just an issue with Google and HS3.

Thanks!
Working...
X