Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to Link Homeseer to Google Home - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Link Homeseer to Google Home - Solved!

I had Homeseer linked to Google Home and it worked fine; I added some more devices, asked Google Home to "re-sync my devices"; it would responds syncing to Homeseer but the new devices would not appear. After several attempts to re-sync and now a full rebuild of Homeseer (different problem entirely). In Google Home I have deleted my Home, reset all the Google Home/Mini devices back to factory settings; added them back to the network, they appear to be working fine. Homeseer's turn, adding or setting up a new device, select Homeseer enter my username and password, Google Home App responds "Linking your Homeseer Account"... But it's not linked. No devices and Homeseer does not appear as a new device in Google Home. Any ideas???
    HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - The issue was present before and after I upgraded to ...548

To add, I just finished a chat session with Google Support and they were not much help; basically asked me to do again what I already did... hard reset of Google Home and start over. Fingers crossed, fifth time's a charm...

Comment

This seems to be an on-going issue. I have typically had good success linking and re-syncing Homeseer to Google. Albiet, I cant quote and exact time frame, but typically any updates ( add devices or editing requiring the re-sync) has generally been successful with in a 24 hour time frame. I did have Google not responding this morning as well. I have asked Google to re-sync, so now the waiting game is on.
      Just sharing my experience, when I did initially attempt multiple re-sync, disconnect and re Lync my account in the past, it seems to only delay the success. There are other threads that have been started with others having same issue.
      Glad to know it wasn't something I did ( which is usually my situation!). Now its a sit and wait situation, hoping the outcome is same as it has been in the past.
      That also seems to be the acquired results others have experienced with Google Support.

Comment

I just finished another lengthy discussion with Google about Homeseer not being able to be added as a device and nothing... But honestly, I'm not sure where the problem lies, with GH or Homeseer... A month ago, HS3 did an update to version 3.0.0.548 and I thought the "re sync all devices" wasn't working before the update. But definitely now it's not working... Unrelated (I hope) I had to do a full rebuild of my Z-wave network in Homeseer and now that it's all working again, now GH won't sync.
        For Google Home, I have removed all users from the Google Home device, uninstall the apps, factory reset all the G.home and Mini devices; fresh setup, added the primary account it works as a Google Home speaker connected to the network... tried to add Homeseer as a device, and get the two messages "Homeseer is linked" and then "Something went wrong, try again" and it stays on the same devices list page.
        No luck... Frustrating. After a lengthy discussion and troubleshooting, GH suspects it's a problem with Homeseer not responding to the connection request but... GH indicated they have no reported issue with Homeseer connecting to GH.
        I have read in another HS forum they suggested to turn off voice commands in the HS setup, which I tried...
        I'm all ears for any ideas...
        Does anyone know if within Homeseer there is a setting or file that logs or keeps track of the various remote services or cloud services like GH. Maybe there is a residual setting denying the connection. I don't know, I'm grasping for straws now...

Comment

Have you put in a help desk ticket on this issue? support@homeseer.com
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, I'll post if they have a fix or suggestion.

Comment

HomeSeer Support reply below: Worked perfectly... Thanks Homeseer.

Please disable voice control for all devices, this can be done by using the check box and drop-down list directly under the words Device List, as seen in the screenshot.
              You will also want to delete all voice entries for all of your events as well.
              Once you use the check box to select all devices, you will want to use the drop down menu to select Disable Voice. Then, you will want to go through your device list and click the check boxes for the devices you would like to control. There are two rules about enabling voice control:

The device must have controls on the right hand side
              The device must be on/off, dimmable, or thermostat controls.

For the device above, you would only want to enable voice control for the HomeSeer HS-WD100+ Switch Multilevel child device.

For this test select just one device to enable voice control on and then unlink and relink GH with HomeSeer.

Comment

Good deal jashie. Ah, that does make sense. I did not realize you had to re set up HS. That fix that worked for you from HS, is the route that worked for me as well. I did exactly that the first time I added HS to GH. Since then I have only re-synced my changes. Mine is successfully re-synced and all working fine.

Comment

This has me curious if you make a change (s) and "re=sync" it will do it successfully or fail. Not sure I would want to be the genie pig to try it myself being as it is working.

Comment

I was already the genie pig... As I was disabling voice control and setting up Google Home app for the various devices, I found some that I didn't need and some that I missed. So, I enabled/disabled voice control on a few devices, re-sync'd to Google Home and it was successful each time (one of my examples below). I re-sync'd maybe half a dozen times. Additionally, some of my devices, in Google Home, I assigned them to rooms and after disabling the voice control, re-syncing, the device removed itself; and in one instance when all of the devices for that room were removed, Google Home even removed the room (no devices inside). So far HS3 and Google Home is working really well together. Voice commands, device nicknames and custom Google Home routines are all working as configured.

Example:
                    In HS3 I have devices assigned to: kids playroom, work shop, basement hallway, office and Exercise area. All of which are technically in the Basement floor of the home. From an H3 perspective, I want to leave the devices in their respective rooms. Linking HomeSeer to Google Home by default rooms are not assigned to devices. Originally I assigned the devices to the respective rooms similar to HS3. Then after a day of remembering how I had it setup before... It was a pain because I would typically ask Google to "turn off the basement lights" and now it would only turn off the one Basement hallway light. There are a dozen devices in the basement but due to HS3 Associations (to an accessory switch and a few Z-wave light bulbs), I don't need Google Home to control all of the slave devices so, those I disabled the Voice Control in HS3; re-sync'd and they disappeared from Google Home. I then in Google Home updated or cleaned up the nicknames to the devices: Playroom Light, Work Shop Light, Basement Hallway Light, etc. and assigned all of them to the room "Basement" in Google Home. Now: "turn on the work shop lights" = 2 shop lights on; "turn on the office light" = 1 office light on; and "turn off the basement lights" = 7 devices off and yes all 12 devices (due to the associations turn off). So far, works great.

Comment

Originally posted by jashie73 View Post
                      I was already the genie pig... As I was disabling voice control and setting up Google Home app for the various devices, I found some that I didn't need and some that I missed. So, I enabled/disabled voice control on a few devices, re-sync'd to Google Home and it was successful each time (one of my examples below). I re-sync'd maybe half a dozen times. Additionally, some of my devices, in Google Home, I assigned them to rooms and after disabling the voice control, re-syncing, the device removed itself; and in one instance when all of the devices for that room were removed, Google Home even removed the room (no devices inside). So far HS3 and Google Home is working really well together. Voice commands, device nicknames and custom Google Home routines are all working as configured.

Example:
                      In HS3 I have devices assigned to: kids playroom, work shop, basement hallway, office and Exercise area. All of which are technically in the Basement floor of the home. From an H3 perspective, I want to leave the devices in their respective rooms. Linking HomeSeer to Google Home by default rooms are not assigned to devices. Originally I assigned the devices to the respective rooms similar to HS3. Then after a day of remembering how I had it setup before... It was a pain because I would typically ask Google to "turn off the basement lights" and now it would only turn off the one Basement hallway light. There are a dozen devices in the basement but due to HS3 Associations (to an accessory switch and a few Z-wave light bulbs), I don't need Google Home to control all of the slave devices so, those I disabled the Voice Control in HS3; re-sync'd and they disappeared from Google Home. I then in Google Home updated or cleaned up the nicknames to the devices: Playroom Light, Work Shop Light, Basement Hallway Light, etc. and assigned all of them to the room "Basement" in Google Home. Now: "turn on the work shop lights" = 2 shop lights on; "turn on the office light" = 1 office light on; and "turn off the basement lights" = 7 devices off and yes all 12 devices (due to the associations turn off). So far, works great.
                      Awesome to hear you got it going way you want!!

Pretty much same experience. No qualms, or problems at all for me with HS and GH. Re-sync works at updating any changes. I just havent bothered to monitor how long the updates take to sync for me. .So basically, it isn't an issue, so I haven't given any time to paying attention to it!!

Comment

Working...
                      X