Where do I type the words?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I type the words?

Just like everything else, this has probably been discussed but finding it is a challenge.

I have Google Home working with various devices. However, I still have to say "Turn the garage door on"

FWIW, I have three ZRC remotes, the original remote button that came with the garage door and the wired button just inside the garage door. Any one of them gets the events to work properly. However sometimes when I get home I just want to speak "Open the garage door"

Where do I type the words "Open the Garage door"? In the event or in the device page or somewhere else?
    Attached Files

With "open garage door" input into the Voice Command in that window of your screen shot, My luck has been it works, but I have to say Ok, Google. run (or activate)........then "open garage door."
    Hopefully someone else has better idea than I do. as I would like it more intuitive as well.

Comment

Create a Routine in the Google home app and then you can make it respond to anything you want, such as "open sesame".

Comment

I've never looked at Routines until now, thanks! I'm still inclined to see this work totally within HS since at that point, there's only one possible point of failure. No pointing fingers if it's all within HS.

Comment

The routines work, yeah! But I ams still on a quest to have this work within HS so I emailed support. They said put what I wanted to be recognized in the voice command box.

I created an event called Voice Garage Door and for a Voice command I put "Open Sesame". I tried if this event is manually triggered and that didn't work, not that I expected it to. However, I can't find a trigger that will fire the event.

Then I created virtual device with the Voice Command "Open Sesame" and an event that when this device turns on then open the garage door. That didn't work either. Manually turning this virtual device on, does activate the event so the logic is good but still no voice control.

Anyone have something that really works within HS that listens to a command from Google Home?

Comment

Well, I know that the voice command box works when you speak a command into HSPhone. I would also expect it to work if using a microphone connected to the sound card on the PC running the HS Speaker client. It doesn't have to be a separate event. Just add it to any event that already has the actions that you want to run. Be sure to check on "Include as voice command" under the event options.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
              Well, I know that the voice command box works when you speak a command into HSPhone. I would also expect it to work if using a microphone connected to the sound card on the PC running the HS Speaker client. It doesn't have to be a separate event. Just add it to any event that already has the actions that you want to run. Be sure to check on "Include as voice command" under the event options.
              Understood, but I'm not really interested in speaking into the mic attached to my sound card, I'm interested in activating via Google Home integration which is scattered throughout the house.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                The routines work, yeah! But I ams still on a quest to have this work within HS so I emailed support. They said put what I wanted to be recognized in the voice command box.

I created an event called Voice Garage Door and for a Voice command I put "Open Sesame". I tried if this event is manually triggered and that didn't work, not that I expected it to. However, I can't find a trigger that will fire the event.

Then I created virtual device with the Voice Command "Open Sesame" and an event that when this device turns on then open the garage door. That didn't work either. Manually turning this virtual device on, does activate the event so the logic is good but still no voice control.

Anyone have something that really works within HS that listens to a command from Google Home?
                If you don't use a routine, then you have to say "run open sesame". You can't just say "open sesame". That's why I suggested you use a routine.

Comment

If you don't use a routine, then you have to say "run open sesame". You can't just say "open sesame". That's why I suggested you use a routine.
                  I understand better, thanks. I obviously need to wake up GH somehow so I'll try that.

Comment

You do have to wake up Google with one of accepted commands ie: " Ok Google, Hey Google, Hey Boo Boo." Then Say "Run Open Sesame" Or "Activate Sesame". Only way I've ever gotten it to work. "Open Sesame" under the Voice Command in Event.

Comment

Working...
                    X