• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google home routines

I set up a bed time routine in google home to
    1) Set my SimpliSafe to Home
    2) To lock my Z-wave lock
    3) Turn off several of my lights that have Homeseer dimmers.

This all worked then recently Google says "can't reach x lights" when more than one light is selected in the routine. It doesn't make a difference which lights I tell Google to turn off, just more than one gives this error. I can tell Google to turn every light on or off individually without a problem.

Is there something i'm doing wrong or is this another Google problem. Seems everything works then when a new update comes out, something breaks.

Are all of these devices interfaced with HS3? If so have you tried setting up an event to do the same?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

yes they are all connected with my HS3 controller. I'm a little new to homeseer. Is there a way to give Google a voice command that will trigger an event? Is there anything you can point me to on how to do this if possible?

Comment

You should be able to setup an event to control these devices and add a voice command to the event. You can then run discovery again and if it works you should see this command available for use in GH. I use Alexa and have an event called Goodnight and this locks the doors, turns off all lights, and turns down the stats.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You can run an Event with, "Okay Google, run ____" where the HomeSeer voice command would in the blank. You could probably also set a GH routine to run an event if the routine is more comfortable/natural. I use a virtual device to start an event and use a GH routine to set the virtual device. That is from before we could run an event from GH.
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
          X