No announcement yet.

Sorry, it looks like HomeSeer is Unavailable Right Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH integration is down again for me, 3/20/2020.. It's been down for a few days now and GH flashes an error that it can't do something when trying to reconnect. Emailed HST support this time.

Comment

Odds are all they'll tell you is the stock answer: "unlink/relink". I fought against that and had to go over support's head to get someone to actually look into it, but they were able to make it work by connecting their account to my system, even though my system isn't working. It's clear this is the weakest link in their chain and I wish they'd take all these customer complaints seriously, announce an effort to focus on it, and provide us with some updates...

Comment

Its still working for me using HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          GH integration is down again for me, 3/20/2020.. It's been down for a few days now and GH flashes an error that it can't do something when trying to reconnect. Emailed HST support this time.
          Frank, I don't know if you are seeing the same error. I know it is very tiny. Mine showed an error saying the the authentication had expired. Try the reconnect option a few more times. I tried it three or four times, but it eventually worked.

BTW, it is this message that leads me to think that their oAuth is getting expired instead of remaining authenticated forever and this is what is causing us issues. It might seem to jive with the fact that it seems to be a pretty regular period that we need to do this reconnect. For me it is about every three weeks. However, I think that this can be confusing because there is something other issue that cause problems so it is not always the same.

EDIT: Here is something to backup my theory...

Although the implicit code flow is simpler to implement, Google recommends that access tokens issued using the implicit flow never expire, because using token expiration with the implicit flow forces the user to link their account again. If you need token expiration for security reasons, you should strongly consider using the auth code flow instead.

https://developers.google.com/assistant/identity/oauth2
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
          Web Site
          YouTube Channel

Comment

Having the same problem. They told me that I needed to disable all my voice in homeseer. Then reenable I have not done this yet I have just unlink my account in Google Home but now can’t auth gives me expired.
            this is really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by themlruts View Post
              Having the same problem. They told me that I needed to disable all my voice in homeseer. Then reenable I have not done this yet I have just unlink my account in Google Home but now can’t auth gives me expired.
              this is really annoying.
              Try to relink a few times. It doesn't always work the first time. BTW, use the "reconnect" option next time instead of unlink (with later relink).
              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
              Web Site
              YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post

Try to relink a few times. It doesn't always work the first time. BTW, use the "reconnect" option next time instead of unlink (with later relink).
                Yea unlink screws up all my rooms in google home app. Where is the reconnect function?

Comment

Originally posted by themlruts View Post

Yea unlink screws up all my rooms in google home app. Where is the reconnect function?
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...53#post1362453
                  - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                  Web Site
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

I have had this same issue intermittently throughout last year, and again for the past ten days.

Sometimes unlinking&relinking helps, sometimes it is not possible to relink after unlinking. In any event my Homeseer controls more than 100 devices so assigning them to Rooms and Routines in GH takes half a day.

Is there any indication that Homeseer is still at fault, or addressing this? Should I add another support ticket to the existing stack?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you tried just using the relink in the Google Home app as opposed to unlinking?
                      Karl S
                      HS4Pro on Windows 10
                      1070 Devices
                      56 Z-Wave Nodes
                      104 Events
                      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

What works for me is to follow the instructions in this post. May have to do it twice. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...34#post1375234

Comment

Originally posted by plofstof View Post
                          I have had this same issue intermittently throughout last year, and again for the past ten days.

Sometimes unlinking&relinking helps, sometimes it is not possible to relink after unlinking. In any event my Homeseer controls more than 100 devices so assigning them to Rooms and Routines in GH takes half a day.

Is there any indication that Homeseer is still at fault, or addressing this? Should I add another support ticket to the existing stack?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
                          I gave up assigning mine to rooms, like you I have over 100. I just relink and exit no assigning. Everything works just no GH room assignment. If I had something that I really need in a GH Room I'd put it there but for me I haven't found one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post

I gave up assigning mine to rooms, like you I have over 100. I just relink and exit no assigning. Everything works just no GH room assignment. If I had something that I really need in a GH Room I'd put it there but for me I haven't found one yet.
                            This is good advice - thanks

Comment

Anyone else having issues again? I couldn't sync at all, not sure if it's HS4 related. I removed the app, check the Google linked accounts under Security setting for my account, and removed it there as well. However every time I try to relink, it takes me to myhs2 to log in, and then during linking I get "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection".

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
                                Anyone else having issues again? I couldn't sync at all, not sure if it's HS4 related. I removed the app, check the Google linked accounts under Security setting for my account, and removed it there as well. However every time I try to relink, it takes me to myhs2 to log in, and then during linking I get "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection".
                                This has happened to me a few times. If I retry after a few hours or days it seems to work again.

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                                Have you tried just using the relink in the Google Home app as opposed to unlinking?
                                I was not aware that Google added the "reconnect" option, I guess it happened somewhere over the past few months. This seems to be more reliable than unlinking and re-linking.

Comment

Working...
                                X