Voice control works for lights, but Google says it can't reach one of them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice control works for lights, but Google says it can't reach one of them

I've searched the forum and found similar issues but no real fixes, aside from a workaround. I would preferably not implement the workaround since it requires asking family members to change their behavior.

When I ask Google Home, "Ok Google, turn off the living room lights", it will turn off both of the lights as expected without issue. However, it will also say, "I can't reach living room light 1". Sometimes it will say it can't reach light 2.

No matter what it says, it doesn't actually have a problem turning on/off/dimming the lights.

This is really annoying, as Alexa has never had this issue. Does anyone have a fix or understand why this is happening?

Yeah, I have had this problem with HomeSeer for a very long time. It could be a google or homeseer bug, but my money is on it being a homeseer bug. Do expect them to work on this or fix it because I have been told by support that all the developers are working on HS4 so they can't get to fixing bugs. This one is annoying, but it actually works. You're lucky if it actually works. For me, I often can't even get this interface to work.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

Having the same issue. HS support won't acknowledge unless you open a helpdesk ticket.

Comment

Why don't you open a ticket?
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
          Why don't you open a ticket?
          I tried but because I am using HS4 they would not entertain me.

Comment

I've had this issue, but the one light GH says it can't reach is my halos. They are running on a relay that actually has 2 switches built into it.
            I think that may be the relation since the halo2 switch isn't actually connected. But that really shouldn't matter.
            Is any of your devices that GH says it can't reach a linked light and others in that command aren't linked?

Comment

Working...
            X