Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn over Google Home interface to 3rd party developer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn over Google Home interface to 3rd party developer.

I think it would be helpful if HS would turn this over to a 3rd party developer. It doesn't seem that the company has time to keep this working well and it is very important to me and, I'm sure, others. This was very successfully done for Insteon. Prior to Mark Sandler taking it over, it didn't work or work well. Now, it is awesome. It seem that the only interface that is really maintained is the z-wave interface.

Right now the GH interface doesn't work at all for me. It also doesn't work or works only intermittently for others. There are many enhancements that this interface needs such as adding the ability to control other types of devices with modes. For example, a fan that has high/medium/low modes and not just an on/off/dim device.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

I would like to see more attention paid to Google Home/Assistant integration as well. It might not look good for HS if this became a paid feature since other systems support this out of the box, so I'm not sure 3rd party is the answer. I'm hoping that more work gets done in this area after HS4 is released. I'm sure they're all tied up with that at the moment.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

This really does need attention. The link with Google Assistant being broken so often is my #1 reason for investigating moving to another system after years of being a HomeSeer customer. It just doesn't make sense to us an HA system that doesn't work with Google Assistant. Over the last 2 months, Google Assistant tells me that it can't reach HomeSeer at least 60% of the time when I try controlling lights or re-syncing. Totally unacceptable.

Comment

Totally agree. Both the direct GA to HS connection AND the IFTTT connection to HS has gone down completely. Troubleshooting with HS Support hasn't been effective (but they have tried). My next step is to bring up a totally pristine new system and try again.

Has anyone had any luck using the Insteon Hub with GA? If so, I can have HS do the bulk of my HA and have a Insteon Hub do the handling of GA voice control. Hate to go that route since prior to the first of the year (when all the HS Load Balancing work was apparently done), all GA<->IFTTT<->HS and GA<->HS was working fine.

Comment

My GA<->IFTTT<->HS connection seems to be working reliably since yesterday. So that's great! Haven't tried the GA<->HS integration and syncing yet since IFTTT is currently working.

Comment

Agreed. This is one reason I switched to Hubitat about 6 months ago. I have been testing a clean install of HS4 and like it better than HS3 but still can't get HomeSeer added to Google Home. It acts like it is logging in and adding it the GH but then never shows up in the list of Linked services. Disappointing.

Comment

I think my issue adding HS to GA was that I had voice enabled on a non-control device. I followed the instructions from another post on removing voice from everything and adding voice back to control objects that are needed.

Comment

Working...
              X