All lights turn on/off but GA still say still say it can't reach the lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All lights turn on/off but GA still say still say it can't reach the lights

I thought I had some rogue devices so I completely removed every single sync app from GA. When I issue the command "turn on/off the lights" to a GA device in the room without specifying the device name all the appropriate lights turn off however GA still say "sorry I can't reach "X" number of lights right now" This is the case for every single room. Is this a GA issue or HS issue?

This is happening to a lot of people. I am not sure if it is Google or HS, but I suspect the latter only because this would be a big deal to a large number of GH users if it affected every vendor. It would be better if this were the only issue. You can see the thread below this. The issue you mention is annoying, but it still works. For many of us, it will not even work.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

I'm testing HS4 at the moment and gh seems to be pretty solid so far beside the above issue. It's been only a week or two so only time will tell.

Comment

As far as I can tell, this is just how Google Assistant/Home works with homeseer right now. It was annoying enough that I gave Alexa a try and no problems there.

Comment

I sent in a ticket to Homeseer this morning regarding this issue.

Comment

I am having the same problem here. Lights turn on/off but GH says "Sorry, I can't reach "X" number of lights right now". This has been happening for a few months now. I haven't really dug into it as it does work. But I would like to fix this erroneous promoting if I can. I too just submitted a trouble ticket.

Comment

Having the same issue...

Comment

It's not just homeseer. There's complaints about the same behaviour with openhab and lightwave too.

https://support.google.com/googlenes...16903920?hl=en

https://community.openhab.org/t/goog...ight-now/85199

Comment

Yes Google's network is having issues as being reported in many places. If you live in any larger city chances are you are affected.
                  https://downdetector.com/status/google-home/map/
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the links. BTW, this is not a new issue either. This has been happening to me for a very long time. (Maybe it has always happened, but my memory is fading) I tried to work with Google support on this issue once. I spent about 40-60 minutes with them and it is frustrating to work with them. It didn't get solved and I don't think they reported a problem. At the time, I wasn't sure if this was a Google issue or a HS issue. This one seems to be Google if it is happening with multiple vendors.

Originally posted by lmwashere View Post
                    It's not just homeseer. There's complaints about the same behaviour with openhab and lightwave too.

https://support.google.com/googlenes...16903920?hl=en

https://community.openhab.org/t/goog...ight-now/85199
                    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                    Web Site
                    YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                      Thanks for the links. BTW, this is not a new issue either. This has been happening to me for a very long time. (Maybe it has always happened, but my memory is fading) I tried to work with Google support on this issue once. I spent about 40-60 minutes with them and it is frustrating to work with them. It didn't get solved and I don't think they reported a problem. At the time, I wasn't sure if this was a Google issue or a HS issue. This one seems to be Google if it is happening with multiple vendors.

This is what I have been suspecting for quite some time. One reason being that it works for some and not for others. Per other thread, I just had the though that maybe it could be tied to Load balancing, drawing straws in hopes of a fix maybe??

With post of other platforms having problems, it stands to reason my thought of their side with all changes they have been doing.
                      My set up is generally pretty solid, only occasionally getting afftected and isnt prolonged. (Watch it never work again now that I typed this!)

Comment

I mentioned this in the other thread, but there are a couple of distinct issues that folks are having; 1) Group command works, but says some didn't. and 2) There are intermittent real failure of the Google/HS interface. I think the issues on MYHS servers might affect issue #2, but I don't think it affects issues number 1.

BTW, one thing that I was trying to get around this for routines was to just control all devices via a scene/event. For instance, have a Bedtime HS events that is called from the Bedtime GH routine/scene. This still won't help for ad-hoc things like turning on/off all the lights for a room via command.
                        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                        Web Site
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

I've been having issues with this since around november 2019. If i issue the voice command "Ok Google, Turn off the kids room lights" Google would respond with "Ok, turning the window lamp off. Sorry could not reach two devices.", but all lights would still turn off.

I would say it is a timing issue between Google and HomeSeer. Since after new years though the issues are much worse. Google responds with "Sorry, it looks like HomeSeer is unavailable right now." If i re-issue the command between 3-10 times it usually works, but not always. IFTTT aliases in Google assistant that run a HomeSeer event works without any problems so my system is for sure reachable through MyHS.

Google has limits on how long a response can take from the cloud integrations according to https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/...ulfillment-how Maybe that is what kicks in?

Comment

I have been experiencing the "could not reach 2 devices" for a couple of months. Today GA just started saying "Sorry, Homeseer is unavailable" I unlinked Homeseer and relinked. Now it is back to the "could not reach 2 devices" but it does turn all of the lights on and off. It does sound like a timing issue. Either GA has tightened up its timeout settings or Homeseer has started responding more slowly.

Comment

I've also had this issue of GA saying it's not able to reach devices for the past few months, but would actually perform the action. About 3 weeks ago though GA started saying "Sorry, Homeseer is unavailable". Alexa works though. I raised a ticket with homeseer on the 19th but have not heard back. I'll try the re-linking to see if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X