Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sensors (Temperature, Humidity, CO2, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensors (Temperature, Humidity, CO2, etc)

Hi.

I know Google Home supports sensors since almost one year.

Is there a way to use them with HomeSeer (I'm still at HS3)?

Edited to clarify:

What I want is to include sensors (as temperature sensors) so I can ask: “Hey, Google, what's the temperature in the bedroom?”

Starting around March last year Google included the “Sensors” type (action.devices.types.SENSOR) but I can't find how to set up my sensors in HS that way.

More info here: https://developers.google.com/assist.../guides/sensor

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but typically you want to connect everything to HomeSeer, and then HomeSeer to Google Home. If you have something that is only connected to Google Home, I am not aware of a user-friendly way to have HomeSeer interact with it. I've heard Node Red mentioned in other posts asking about issuing commands to Google, but I don't know anything about that myself.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
      I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but typically you want to connect everything to HomeSeer, and then HomeSeer to Google Home. If you have something that is only connected to Google Home, I am not aware of a user-friendly way to have HomeSeer interact with it. I've heard Node Red mentioned in other posts asking about issuing commands to Google, but I don't know anything about that myself.
      Thank you for answering, mrceolla.

What I want is to include sensors (as temperature sensors) so I can ask: “Hey, Google, what's the temperature in the bedroom?”

Starting around March last year Google included the “Sensors” type (action.devices.types.SENSOR) but I can't find how to set up my sensors in HS that way.

More info here: https://developers.google.com/assist.../guides/sensor

Comment

It sounds like you currently have sensors connected to HS, and you want to get them imported into Google Home. I don't know if that is supported by HS right now or not.

That said, I currently do what you are asking, but it is not easy to setup. HomeSeer could fix this and make sending text commands to HS from GH easier. I intend to bring it up again soon now that HS4 development/fixing is hopefully slowing down.

Here's what you would need to accomplish this right now:

I got "Hey Google, ask HomeSeer _____" working, with custom responses - HomeSeer Message Board

Some things have changed since I made the screenshots in that thread. If you attempt to go down that route and run into trouble, post in that thread and I can try to help.
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
        X