Google Home and Homeseer ... broken please fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home and Homeseer ... broken please fix

Ever since I resynched Homeseer with Google home, all my devices are showing up as the settings parent device.

events are also no longer showing up in google

Google home with homeseer is completely unusable atm

These issues are really getting annoying

My devices are setup correctly. They haven't changed. I just added a new event and I wanted Google to see it so I resynched homeseer

My office light specifically is a homeseer wd200+ so integration should be seamless. Not like it is a random brand switch

Click image for larger version  Name:	issue.png Views:	215 Size:	339.4 KB ID:	1460539

HST never visit the forum, so you better open support request

Comment

yes ticket opened thanks

Comment

I have been working with Homeseer Support all morning oil this issue. They sated that Google changed the way it interfaces with Homeseer and that you need to enter the name you want to calla the device in Google Home in the "Voice Command" field of the root device. I use Inovelli switches so the actual device to control the light is a child device. In my case I checked the "Voice command enabled" box on the child device and left it unchecked on the root device (although I entered the name of the device in the "voice command" field on the root device) and this worked for me.

Comment

thanks I will look into that more but I just tried that for an event and it didnt show up in google (like it did before) after I resynched. Do you have other family members with voice recognition on your google home account? can they control hs4 events

this part is crucial to my google setup and it has been like a week now with this issue

Comment

I do have other family members in the household however I have turned off voice match due to it never working well with my husbands accent. As fro the event front, that is another issue all together. I also had a bunch of events set up for google voice control using the "adjust scene" function in routines. I used to be able to choose events that I had set up with voice control but they no longer show up in the google home app. They disappeared at the same time that the other issue popped up. It seems that Google or Homeseer changed something (most likely Google) that is effecting how everything flows between the two. I mentioned the issue with the events not showing up anymore in google during my interaction with Homeseer tech support but they told me that since it was a "separate" issue that I needed to open a new ticket before they could help me with it 😕

Comment

well thanks for confirming I am not the only one. This seems like a pretty big issue for anyone using google home. I confirmed that events arent even showing up for my google account anymore

It seems very odd that no one else I am aware of is reporting this issue

It was all setup perfect and my wife was finally use to the setup with google. She wanted me to make a special event for her. I did, then this all happened.

for homeseer support, you need to open another ticket??? that will get put at the bottom of the list?? It is all the same issue, google assistant integration is broken!

I get it that maybe google changed something, but don't keep your users in the dark if they are aware of an issue

what is the point of having a status page if google home isn't actually working properly
              https://status.homeseer.com/
              every time there is an issue this page says everything is fine. Yes the servers may be up, but they arent communicating properly

providing users with the proper info can only help hs support. the more people that are aware of a known issues, less people may create tickets that they have to filter through. Then there are less tickets to deal with. It all just seems silly to me

Comment

something I did notice is that with the setup of google only seeing the root device...

if you have an rgb bulb, you can set voice enabled on both child devices. google will only see the root device but you can tell google to both
                a) turn on the light
                b) set colour of the light

this ability is great but the functionality is broken and homeseer becomes unreponsive to google sometimes when asking to set color, but it worked sometimes

with the "new" google setup, what happens if we have a root device that has 3 child devices that we want google to control? creating virtual devices for that sounds like a bad solution

Comment

Have the same problem the link goggle home and homeseer is broken

Comment

Originally posted by dev120v View Post
                    I get it that maybe google changed something, but don't keep your users in the dark if they are aware of an issue
                    what is the point of having a status page if google home isn't actually working properly
                    https://status.homeseer.com/
                    Even if Google changed something - still HST should fix it, the users shouldn't have the problem. It's not like some plugins use some unofficial API found on internet, and suddenly the device manufacturer changed something it doesn't work anymore (like happened to Harmony plugin two years ago). If HST are using official Google API - they should be notified by Google well in advance before the change happens.

And regarding the status page - it always shows "all good", even the forum is down - it still shows operational.

Comment

I wonder if local control would alleviate some of these problems folks are having. I sure hope HST has that in their plans. I feel like they're still busy refining HS4 and these sorts of issues aren't getting the usual amount of attention. Complete speculation.
                      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I can connect fine for devices , but since my last hs4 update , events no longer work with google home. I have communicated with support and they indicated the engineer is working on it. Its been about 2 days, no word yet.

Will

Comment

I can't remember the exact date of onset, but sometime last week, Google Assistant<-->HS4 integration started failing in various ways. I have configured Assistant's "bedtime" routine to shut off around 20 Z-Wave devices. It now fails every time with "Homeseer unavalable". Controlling individual switches/dimmers fails sometimes, other times the device turns on or off, but later, Assistant says "Homeseer unavailable".

The "smoking gun" proof that this is Homeseer's fault, is that I also use Amazon Alexa<-->HS4, and it always works -- every time.

Comment

Oh, and while reading through this, I saw mention of adding an Alexa or Google Assistant voice command to the root device vs. the switch/dimmer. So, which is the correct place? It seems to me it should be the switch/dimmer/device, since that's what is being controlled, not the "root device", correct?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post
                              Oh, and while reading through this, I saw mention of adding an Alexa or Google Assistant voice command to the root device vs. the switch/dimmer. So, which is the correct place? It seems to me it should be the switch/dimmer/device, since that's what is being controlled, not the "root device", correct?
                              I guess so, because what if one root has two switches/dimmers?

Comment

Working...
                              X