Is HS support aware of all the issues ??? Doesn't seem like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

That really is not called for. Yes he works for Homeseer and was instrumental with the integration of Google and Alexa into Homeseer. If anyone can sort this out, he can. Shouting off like this is not going to get HST on your side.
    Well, I'm sorry, if that's the case, but note that, unlike other HST employees, he makes no mention in his forum profile/signature, that he works for HST, so how should the average forum user know that?

It's incredibly frustrating that this bug has been unsolved for quite a while now, yet we repeatedly get asked to try unlinking/relinking or to confirm "Make sure that the login that you used when you linked Google Home is also in HS4, on the users tab in setup" when this has already been covered before, and confirmed before by me and no doubt others in our tickets.

Aside from the more advanced issue of events and rooms, the basic problem is that when Google Home or Google Assistant are told to turn on or off or dim more than a few devices, it fails with the "can't reach Homeseer" message. The fact that one or two devices can be controlled this way, but when Google sends more commands than that, sequentially, it fails, strongly suggests that the problem is not a basic setup or authentication error.

Also note: the HS4<-->Alexa integration does not experience this problem. It's limited to HS4<-->Google.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post

Well, I'm sorry, if that's the case, but note that, unlike other HST employees, he makes no mention in his forum profile/signature, that he works for HST, so how should the average forum user know that?

It's incredibly frustrating that this bug has been unsolved for quite a while now, yet we repeatedly get asked to try unlinking/relinking or to confirm "Make sure that the login that you used when you linked Google Home is also in HS4, on the users tab in setup" when this has already been covered before, and confirmed before by me and no doubt others in our tickets.

Aside from the more advanced issue of events and rooms, the basic problem is that when Google Home or Google Assistant are told to turn on or off or dim more than a few devices, it fails with the "can't reach Homeseer" message. The fact that one or two devices can be controlled this way, but when Google sends more commands than that, sequentially, it fails, strongly suggests that the problem is not a basic setup or authentication error.

Also note: the HS4<-->Alexa integration does not experience this problem. It's limited to HS4<-->Google.
      I am just as frustrated as you are, but I for one am super glad an engineer is interacting with us on the forum! This means we may get a fix, and I assume that's what all of us want. This is a positive development, and we should reward his involvement and not dump on him. So Sgt. Schultz, thanks for working this with us!

Comment

Indeed, I welcome any engineering support. I was not "dumping". The combination of a random forum nickname with no company identification, combined with previously-answered questions, and a request for license information (after all, if this was a license issue, why does HS4 work just fine natively, and with Alexa?) raised a risk flag for me. If I was an engineer/developer/tech support person, I'd identify myself in my forum signature, or at least start by posting, ""Hi, this is Karl Schultz, I'm one of the software developers at HST; let's see if we can figure this out..."

Now, let's move on, and I hope this can be resolved. Thanks.

Comment

****Update on the issue 2) with putting events in rooms****

My wife is now able to call events successfully. I still have an issue putting events into rooms, but my wife can now call events by saying "run eventname" or through a routine without the need to put the event in a room

I previously deleted her account from the google household without success. This time when I deleted her from the household and readded her she is now able to use events just like I would. Something got corrupt somewhere, and my last attempts would fail with the same result.

I previously said that events needed to be in rooms, and this was the solution I needed before. This is no longer the case for me

The issues all seem to exist, but #2 is no longer a high priority for me, may be for others

issue 1) calling multiple device generate homeseer error message. asking google to turn off all the light (31 lights) google will return the error

issue 2) adding events to rooms. user TimSRQ has reproduced the same issue I am seeing where google cannot finish the process of adding events to room. So I can tell my wife I am not crazy, lol

issue 3) described in this post https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...not-responding

Comment

Ok, removing ALL Voice Command check boxes from events per dev120v 's suggestion. Fortunately, I set all my Voice Events in a grouping called Voice Events for Google. And, these events call other events. So, this will be tedious, but doable. This is the only way I know of to keep track of what I have for Voice Commands. Then, I will add one back at a time.

Will let you know how I fare.

Update: I added one event for Voice Command. Unfortunately, it still crashes and does not let me add the event to a room.

Comment

I'm having this same issue with my wife not able to activate events via google, but she is able to activate specific devices. My young kids who are not voice matched also run events just fine. Has there been a resolution on this?

Comment

FYI some of this is working for some of us, Not sure what the official response will be from HS as to what broke and how it got fixed, and what now works that didn't work before.
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...82#post1539982

Comment

Working...
                X