Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home - Device Not Responding - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some reaction on my question on FB, maybe there will be some attention. I'm still surprised this is so "low priority"...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-02-10 12_17_42-HomeSeer Home Automation – Posts _ Facebook.png
Views:	369
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1526531

Comment

and that will just get buried like the rest of the requests we have raised.

Comment

So and interesting fact, I have been evaluating HA to see how their Google Assistant Integration works, and they have and option to use their service or setup your own using the google sdk. Their code is open source, so since they have it working, maybe the HS Devs need to take a look as to what they are doing different and maybe they will see where they broke it. I am going to have to run HA for the sole reason of getting the buttons in google home to work. until HS can resolve this. HA's interface is not nearly as organizes as HS

Support is still addiing these issues to their internal bug tracker as I did a fresh install of HS4 and this still happens.

Comment

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

My ticket (HSCS-8344) has just been resolved! Google Home is working again, without the annoying "Offline" and "Device not responding" status!

It took almost a year... but I am so happy that I can't complain right now
          stefxx

Comment

Finally! faith restored thanks HS!

Can confirm mine is working.

Comment

My devices are only responding to my voice control in GH app but status still says not responding, I can't control through the buttons in GH app. Is there any fix for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Amandeep Singh View Post
                My devices are only responding to my voice control in GH app but status still says not responding, I can't control through the buttons in GH app. Is there any fix for this?
                You have to make sure the right parts of the devices are enabled with google home and local voice control. Make sure all of the requirements of this are met.
                https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...me+Integration

Comment

Hi
                  I have only enabled the features but it is still not working

Comment

Originally posted by Amandeep Singh View Post
                    Hi
                    I have only enabled the features but it is still not working
                    I had accidentality a temperature feature voice enabled, which caused all features not to work anymore.

Start by disabling all voice features and then enable 1 first to see if it works. Expand from there.
                    stefxx

Comment

Hi

Yes, I followed that but same issues. Interestingly the voice control on the GH app works flawlessly but unfortunately the buttons won't respond

Comment

After reading the doc on post #67, How do you enable the sensors (status) for Google home?

Comment

Working...
                        X