Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home - Device Not Responding - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home - Device Not Responding - Solved!

Hi All,

So after moving to HS4 Pro, I went through all "unable to connect, link, blah blah" errors that were discussed here. Logged a JIRA ticket, got abandoned by the Service Desk etc. I'm now on the stage where I can link the Homeseer to Google Home, however, everything except 1 device reports as "Not Responding" and device states in GH are not reflected. I can control my devices from Google, but no states are reflected. Does anybody have similar issues/any ideas on a fix?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Homeseer_Google_Not_Resp2.png Views:	0 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	1474368

I can confirm the same issue. I thought they fixed it yesterday with the "control multiple devices" fix

It would be good if you also posted here as this is another result of recent HS changes https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...t-seem-like-it

This is happening from what looks like all devices for me

When looking at the device page like you showed, eventually it will show "not responding" "offline"

When "offline" I can control the devices but not based on the current proper state. If the light is already on it takes 2 clicks to turn it off

Comment

Service Desk came back to me during the weekend with a generic "we put a fix in place, can you confirm it works" response. I responded again, that I see this "offline"/"not responding" status for some devices at least. Got another response to disable voice control for all device and events, re-link HomeSeer and add 1 on/off/dimmable device. It "works" now, yes, but still kind off not to the point it used to be: while it reflects the state of the divice in Homeseer if controlled from Google, it doesn't reflect the state the other way around. For example: I turn the device off from Google Home: Homeseer device status changes to off. I turn the device back on from Homeseer - device is still off in Google Home until I'll re-launch the application. I also added a thermostat, and now see the temperature values in Fahrenheit in GH, while everything in HS is Celsius, and my GH is set to Celsius. Adding a MQTT plugin generated device results with "not responding" status on GH side. Stuff is clearly broken, but it's wierd that only 2-3 ppl are complaining currently here . I'm kind of getting tired with this, TBH. Clearly the whole GH integration is not a priority for HomeSeer.

Comment

Yep, still having the issue here. I can control the devices but they show offline in the google app

I have attached a video of the issue I am seeing
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PHW...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Thanks for adding to my post on this. I didn't find this one. Yes, exact same issue for me. Voice control works OK, but the status in Google home flickers not responding/offline.

Comment

Pretty much the same issue here....

I scanned Homeseer from Google Home (it eventually worked....) as I had added a couple of new devices to Homeseer (z-wave, and zigbee via Jowihue). Results:
            • About half my lights (I have about 30 in total) came up as 'new' lights. Most are z-wave, plus a couple of zigbee. The below behaviour applies to all of them, actual new, and 'new'.
            • All of the 'new' lights show in the app as 'Not responding'. All bar the actual new ones had previously worked fine
            • The actual new ones also show in the app as 'Not responding'.
            • The 'new' and real new devices all work using voice command with Google. Voice confirmation works also
            • The Google display says 'Sorry, I couldn't reach Homeseer'
            Doesn't look like this is an isolated problem.

Comment

sooo... has anyone been contacted by HS support lately? This issue still exist

Comment

Yep - support today said it is in a bug report for engineers to address.....

Of course, when that happens.....

Comment

any update on this? My devices seem to work, with the random "homeseer is not available" errors here and there, but all my devices shows as offline and do not show the proper status

I have google home hubs and the user interface show the devices as offline also, so I can't use the hub to control devices using my finger. I have to use voice

I've let this slide for awhile now thinking it would get resolved. I updated to HS4 4.2. no luck with google stuff

Comment

Same issues here.

Comment

So, anyone hear any movement on this? Crumpy can you please provide your support ticket number? is it still open?

I upgraded to 4.2.5.0 and still nothing

Devices work but status is never updated in Google

Comment

My problem is that I can only add one or two devices. I can't control them from the screen for that device, it says offline. However, I can control them via voice or from the room screen.

Even though some devices show as existing and they also show as offline or not configured such as a lock, I can control them via Hey Google, open the garage door, turn on the kitchen light, lock/unlock the front door. But only for the three devices I've been able to add.

I emailed support over this and was told that if I wanted to control devices with my phone I should consider HS Touch or HS Mobile.

Very frustratiing.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                          My problem is that I can only add one or two devices. I can't control them from the screen for that device, it says offline. However, I can control them via voice or from the room screen.

Even though some devices show as existing and they also show as offline or not configured such as a lock, I can control them via Hey Google, open the garage door, turn on the kitchen light, lock/unlock the front door. But only for the three devices I've been able to add.

I emailed support over this and was told that if I wanted to control devices with my phone I should consider HS Touch or HS Mobile.

Very frustratiing.
                          Were you told this recently?

I have google hubs. Which are basically the same thing as the google app. The status does not update properly on them..... this cannot be achieved by using HS touch or HS Mobile

Comment

I gave up trying to fuss over this months ago. After replacing my older HS4 installation running with the Pi HAT on a RPi 3, with a RPi 4 with the new 700-series USB Z-Wave dongle, I still had problems with commands to control multiple Z-Wave devices not working via Google Home/Assistant. The solution was to put all the devices into one HS4 event, and calling that event from Google.

I used to observe that I seldom got accurate status back from Z-Wave devices. I noticed recently that it had improved. I just walked into a room with a HS wall dimmer, and manually held down the paddle to set it to some random dim level. I then tapped on the light on the Android GH app, and it updated with the correct dim level. So...progress!

Comment

Were you told this recently?
                              Screenshot attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 10-13-21 at 07.50 PM.PNG
Views:	871
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1502194

Comment

Working...
                              X