Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest best practice for making changes in Homeseer and updating Google Home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest best practice for making changes in Homeseer and updating Google Home?

Hi all, what is the best way to make changes in Homeseer (for example, adding or removing voice control for a device, or adding a new device) and then get them incorporated in Google Home? In the past I've done "Unlink Account" from the Google Home app, then re-linked my account, but this wipes all of the work I've done putting devices into Google "Rooms". I just tried "Reconnect Account" several times and got an error that it couldn't connect to Homeseer. But then tried again a few minutes later and didn't get the error, but doesn't look like my change was incorporated.

Very much hoping the only solution isn't still to wipe everything out of Google by unlinking the account and basically start over every time I want to make a little change in the voice control.

Thx in advance!

I've used, "Hey Google, re-sync HomeSeer" in the past. That said, I've read about syncing issues recently, and haven't re-synced myself lately, so I'm not 100% sure that'll work for you right now, but I would try it. That process keeps all my room assignments intact. Unlinking/relinking will lose that.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Thanks mrceolla, didn't know that voice command existed. Tried it and get "sorry, something went wrong while synching Homeseer". I'll try at other times to see if this is just a temporary glitch.

Comment

Working...
      X