Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Routine with Homeseer events not working - Fixed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Routine with Homeseer events not working - Fixed!

I have Homeseer working on a Nuc with windows 10. At this moment I use release 4.1.18,3. Commands to Google Assistant to turn on or off devices is working fine, Routines in Google Home in which multiple devices get the command to turn off also works properly. However, when I make a routine in which the action is to start an event in Homeseer I get the message ‘ Homeseer is not available at the time. I have made a ticket but at this time no reaction from HST. I am not sure what is going on because the connection between Google Home and Homeseer is clearly present. Voice control for individual devices is working fine. Routines with action for several devices is also working, but starting routines with events is not working. Am I the only one with this problem?.

Exactly the same problem here! Events don't work anymore with Google Home -> Homeseer.

Release 4.1.18.3 Running on windows 10

Comment

I've never been able to get Events to show up with Google. Alexa works fine

Comment

I have. Until a few weeks ago routines in google home in which I had concluded events from Homeseer worked as expected. Don’t know what changed but at this moment they don’t work. I am not sure if it’s Homeseer or Google Home that has changed.

Comment

It's been broken for me the same way for weeks. I just tried to remove and re-add Homeseer to Google Home and now it gives me an error after login the "Something went wrong". Can't even get devices added again.

Comment

Geez. I am having the same problem. I have 25 events with voice strings and all fully integrated into routines from google home. I am trying to troubleshoot with homeseer now. Will update if it is solved.

Comment

jryan15 Would appreciate if you do. I have also filed a ticket but as to now no response.

Comment

Better use 'virtual devices' which are working well. Events are sometimes broken on updates.

Comment

This is the terrible update that I got from support. I just spent hours disabling voice from all my events and now they want me to do it for devices when all of my devices are working fine with voice control.

It seems like this will not get priority unless EVERYONE submits a ticket since "a small handful of reports" does not seem to be that important.

I'm sorry to hear that this is still not working, we have received a small handful of reports of this happening and I have reported the issue to an engineer, but I do not have an update at this time.

I recommend disabling voice control for all devices as well, then enabling it for only one on/off device, and test attempting to control your event again after resyncing. It is easier to remove device control for all devices than it is with Events, fortunately.

Comment

I submitted a ticket :HSCS-8765

Comment

I am having the same issue but with devices and not events... virtual devices run but I'm not able to control the device itself from Google home

I've enjoyed Homeseer but I do get frustrated when things like this break, with what seems like very little support other than the kind people on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
                        I am having the same issue but with devices and not events... virtual devices run but I'm not able to control the device itself from Google home

I've enjoyed Homeseer but I do get frustrated when things like this break, with what seems like very little support other than the kind people on this forum.
                        I think we need to keep submitting tickets to get this stuff fixed. I don't know what testing is done before they make software updates, but it is getting tiring have the google integrations break constantly. Unfortunately seems like we are being used as beta testers of the release versions.

I really wish Homeseer would provide better troubleshooting mechanisms to work through google integrations. Also if they are going to continue to have us disabling and re-enabling voice on hundreds of devices and events at a time, then they should provide better tools for us to use.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if anyone is able to use google home to run an event using the context, "hey google, activate "xxxxx"?

At this point, I'm not confident that the software could be working. If it is confirmed the software works, I will, for the 3rd time, go into HS4 and disable voice from all devices and all events.

Comment

I went in and disabled voice commands on ALL devices and ALL events except for 2 devices and 1 event. Both devices can be turned on and off with google, but the event does not. It seems clear there is a bug in HS4.

When trying to run the event using the string "activate family room off", google responds with "sorry it looks like homeseer is unavailable right now".

I have updated the HS support rep of the latest. Hopefully something will be resolved soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                              I went in and disabled voice commands on ALL devices and ALL events except for 2 devices and 1 event. Both devices can be turned on and off with google, but the event does not. It seems clear there is a bug in HS4.

When trying to run the event using the string "activate family room off", google responds with "sorry it looks like homeseer is unavailable right now".

I have updated the HS support rep of the latest. Hopefully something will be resolved soon.
                              I did exactly the same thing, with the same result as jryan15. Events don't work: "sorry it looks like homeseer is unavailable right now".
                              Stil no response from homeseer on my HCS ticket.
                              Homeseer please look in to this!

Comment

Working...
                              X