Voice recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice recognition

I have several google home devices. I am trying to add my wife to be able to voice activate Homeseer. Her phone is linked to our google home but Homeseer does not recognize her voice. She has gone through the voice recognition process on the google home app. How do I get homeseer to recognize her voice?

I'm not aware of HS being the one that recognizes the voice itself. My wife issues various commands through GH to HS and they work. I think it has something to do with teaching GH another voice in the house. It's been a couple of years since I set up my GH but I do remember something along those lines.

Comment

Homeseer has nothing to do with Google Home/Assistant voice recognition. Voice recognition is tied to your Google account. You "train" it to recognize your voice, and it uses those audio samples to build an on-device voice recognition. After you that once (be it on a laptop, smartphone running the Google app, or smart speaker/display), that same voice model is installed on every subsequent device that uses Google.

Open the Google Home app for Android or iOS. Tap Settings, then tap Household. Tap "Invite person" and have your wife accept that invitation. That's all you need to do. If Google has trouble recognizing her voice, then she should re-train the voice model on her account.

Comment

Working...
      X