Google home is grouping a fan and a light together as a 'light'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google home is grouping a fan and a light together as a 'light'

I am not sure how to change soemthing to not be a light in google home? I unchecked the 'is light' box for the fan, but it still grouping in google home saying it is a light and the light is a light. I don't have a light category on it or anything else. What do I need to do so it is not a light?

Thanks!
    David.

Did you re-sync Google Home with HomeSeer after you made those changes?
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

After you add or change devices on HomeSeer, you need to re-sync HomeSeer with Google Home: in the Home app, tap Settings, then scroll to the bottom and tap "Works with Google". Then, scroll and tap HomeSeer, then tap "Reconnect account".

After you do that, you need to organize your devices in the Home app by rooms. Either use the suggested rooms or add your own. When you have a fan in the same room as one or more lights, and you say, for example, "Hey Google, turn off bedroom", it'll turn off the fan and the lights. To avoid this, I created a "room" called "Fans", and I put all of my fans in that room.

Comment

You should also be able to say, "hey Google, resync HomeSeer" or something like that
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
          You should also be able to say, "hey Google, resync HomeSeer" or something like that
          No, don't try that.

--It won't resync just HomeSeer; it'll resync every other third-party thing you have linked to Google Home.
          --It won't fix the problem above, which involves organizing devices into rooms or pseudo-rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post

No, don't try that.

--It won't resync just HomeSeer; it'll resync every other third-party thing you have linked to Google Home.
            --It won't fix the problem above, which involves organizing devices into rooms or pseudo-rooms.
            I don't think that's accurate plus your room config suggestion won't solve the OP's problem/question.

I don't want to do it because everything is working just fine at the moment, but I swear I remember GH responding with something like, "Ok, re-syncing devices with HomeSeer". Seemingly confirming it was doing only that service.

Either way, some sort of re-sync is required if you expect changes you made in HS to show up in GH. AFAIK, that may happen automatically if you wait long enough. I was never patient enough to find out.

Edit: I have some relay devices that have Fan in the name and GH automatically uses Fan icons for them. They are not setup as Fan devices in HS, they just have "Fan" in the name. These do not get grouped with other lights in my setup. Specifically, I call all of them "The Fan" and they are all placed in their actual rooms in GH. Since I have smart speakers in every room, I can simply say "Hey Google, turn on the fan" and the right one will turn on.

Comment

Working...
            X