Google Home will not connect with HS "not available at this time"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home will not connect with HS "not available at this time"

This was working about a year ago and got screwed up when trying to get my licenses straightened out. My "main" myhs profile cannot connect. I have a second myhs profile with one test system with 1 device, that works fine. I logged a call a while ago, with no resolution. They tried to disassociate the licenses with the systems, but that didn't work. Anyone have ideas? I might have to try and migrate a pretty large system to a different system. Yuck

What do you mean by your "main" and "secondary" profiles?
    I'd recommend putting in a support ticket on this issue.
    https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, I took your advice.

I sometimes have a heck of a time defining the problem. After my first posting, I came up with this for the ticket

hs4 & google home wont communicate with my main hs4 license xxxxxxxx when linked to any myhs account. I have a temp license and a pi license all of those work with multiple google voice accounts. the common problem is the system associated with that license. this broke when I was trying to move a license or something like that.

Comment

What is your ticket ID?

Comment

It's weird, I guess I never hit return when I thought I created the ticket. I just opened one, it's HSCS-11564 #662807

Support sent the following. I have tried this a few times in the past. I can get HS to work with Google Home using a different serial number. I understand how the setup works. My setup is just broken!

Support commented:

In order to connect to GH you will need to use your myHS account to login. You also need an identical user account with matching credentials that is an admin account with local access enabled. Then you will want to disable all voice commands using the list view and bulk edit options. You will also want to disable all voice commands on any events. Lastly enable one on/off devices voice command and try the linking and discovery process.

I hate the thought of having to figure out how to migrate each technology to a new "serial number", I don't have any other issues. Insteon & Zwave are likely to be a real pain to migrate.

could it be something in the json files?

Comment

When you say serial number do you mean license ID? Have you tried to see if GH works on a different PC with a trial of HS4 and then license it and see if the license is in fact the issue?

Comment

Yes, I am talking about License ID, not serial number. I'm really dyslexic....

I have tried with temp license and I have some owned pi licenses that I have also tried. ALL of them work except this particular License. I can get GH to work in all cases except this license ID.

I have been a HS user for something like 15-20 years. In all of that time, when ever I have tried to use HS support, they have always failed, including this issue same issue about a year ago. It's time for me to get it fixed one way or another.

I currently don't even have access to the offending License, it says it already assigned when I try to assign it to a different HS account, I at least use to be able to move the license.

I asked support for help with that, and crickets..

So, unfortunately, it still looks like I need to go down this road to migration to a different License ID.

I'm recovering from Stage 4 lymphoma and this issue is so irritating, I just haven't followed up until now, I'm finally feeling better.

Thanks so much for the help.

Comment

You mentioned copying either the HS.ini or .json files. If I go down the .json route, do I need to copy all of the .json files or just the insteon?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseerscrewup.png
Views:	147
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1520507 This went from bad to worse trying to work with support and that isn't going well. I have tried to transfer the license ID to 2 other myhs accounts. When I do that, i can no longer login to any of those myhs accounts. The license ID actually screws up the myhs accounts. If I try to login to manage the myhs account, it says my password isn't valid, when I try to recover my password, it says my email address isn't registered. Its just so screwed up.

When I tried to remove the license ID from the account it was last attached to, there is a remnant in myhs where it just says "no system". This cannot be deleted. Note it's designated as the primary system, and that can't be changed.

I was adding subscription services to the test myhs accounts that I can no longer login to. Since I can't login to cancel the subscriptions, I'm on the phone with the bank to charge back those transactions. Perhaps those $35 charge back transactions from the bank might get some attention.

I have spent most of the day trying to get this to work, I'm just about ready to trash the entire thing and go to a PI and re-register 100+ devices. It will take several days, but at least I should be able to get a working system.

I honestly wish I had gone with all zwave and I could have just migrated to a different system all together.

Here is my new motto: "Backing up your system does no good if your problems are in the clouds"

Comment

To be clear, I haven't had much luck with HS, your plugin has always been very well supported. None of this is the fault of your plugin. Thru the years, it has been obvious the API is horrible to work with and requires work abound because of the "suspect" api. HS abandoned development of theirs long ago.

I appreciate the support over the years.

Comment

Working...
                    X