Google/Homeseer z2 hs3pi/Trane thermostat values off by 2 degrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google/Homeseer z2 hs3pi/Trane thermostat values off by 2 degrees

I apologize if this has been mentioned before. I recently lost most of my vision and navigating is difficult.

If I ask Google to set any thermostat (trane xr series) cool to 68 degrees, google confirms thermostat cool set to 68 degrees. However, the thermostat display as well as the info in Homeseer are two degrees higher at 70 degrees. Previously this wasn’t an issue as I had schedules. Now with my vision issue I rely on google and Alexa for everything. Some of my meds mess with my thermostat so to speak so I’ll start burning up and ask google to change the temperature. The difference has been annoying me.

Another issue that I should probably post separately is that I can ask google to do anything (lights, thermostats, garage door, whatever) but Alexa will not work with thermostats. She works with everything else, just not thermostats. Alexa sees the thermostats but there are no values for temp or settings, just dashes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

That's an unusual problem.

Any chance you have set the offset in the thermostat itself? Perhaps a change in the calibration settings?

Also "swing" settings may be affecting the discrepancy between set point and actual temperature.

Just a thought, I don't have any trane thermostats. Honeywell has worked well for me.

Comment

Working...
    X