Sorry, I couldn't reach homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I couldn't reach homeseer

Looks like Google had an update. Previously I would get one instance of 'Sorry, I couldn't reach homeseer' when I triggered my sleep routine. Now, I get one message PER LIGHT it turns off. Looks like it is time to use a homeseer event instead as this is super annoying.

TJ
    Attached Files

Google may have shortened their expected response time. Even when the command gets executed, if we don't send a response back quick enough Google sees that as a failed request. It looks like Google is sending multiple command requests so that could also contribute. A single event command would indeed be more effective as it only sends the one request.
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

This has really ruined my otherwise flawless use of Google Assistant to control my Z-Wave devices. It's making me crazy. I really hope HST can analyze what is happening and find a way to handle it.

Comment

I just added a an event for google to trigger, then added the necessary actions. It works great now. Too many changes at google to rely on anything but a single action. Anything more complex than a single light should be done in Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by tjankovs View Post
          I just added a an event for google to trigger, then added the necessary actions. It works great now. Too many changes at google to rely on anything but a single action. Anything more complex than a single light should be done in Homeseer.
          Yes, in your case, that's absolutely the better way to go. However, I am now experiencing hangs ("can't reach Homeseer") even when trying to control a single device.

Comment

Did you ever find an answer to this?

Comment

I can't offer a single, definitive answer.

I did a lot of work to improve my overall Z-Wave network and HS4 performance. Another thread discusses one important change to make: I was using a Google Home/Assistant routine to turn on or off multiple switches/dimmers. As Sgt. Schultz mentioned this causes a lot of traffic and it can create a "traffic jam". The solution is to create events in HS4 to control multiple devices locally, then call that one or two events in the Assistant routine. For example, I have an event called "Those Lights". It turns off a large group of lights. In Assistant, I have a bedtime routine. I add one command, to "turn off those lights", and HS4 does all the grunt work locally.

Aside from that, I have a Raspberry Pi four with 4GB of RAM, connected via gigabit Ethernet, and HS4 is using a SmartStick+ G3, 700-series controller. Every Z-Wave device in my house is Z-Wave+, and the mesh is highly optimized.

Even with all that, I still get this annoyance about 15-20% of the time I tell it to do something like Hey Google, turn on kitchen lights": the command will usually work, but my smart displays will show a "Sorry, could not reach Homeseer" full screen error message and hang for a while. Sometimes, it doesn't work at all.

BTW, I have an Amazon Echo device sitting next to or near every Google Assistant-enable device. If I tell Alexa to perform the same action (not at the same time!), it works more reliably.

So, my assumption is that this is a continuing problem with HS4's interactions with Google Assistant.

Comment

Working...
              X