Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmable Lights not showing up as dimmers

Hi -

I have HS4 and Google Home integrated. I have the "Is Light" and "Google Home Discovery" checked for the top level device. It shows up in Google Home but when clicking it you can not dim in Google Home. If i dim in HomeSeer, and then click the device it shows a DIM percentage. What am I doing wrong here so that it shows up as a dimmable light in Google Home?

I would make sure that your device or features have a status/graphic value that is marked as "Dim". Also, you can check out this guide for determining whether to enable the device or feature for google home.

https://docs.homeseer.com/products/a...bled-for-voice

and here is the general config section...

https://docs.homeseer.com/products/a...me-integration
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

Is it both a switch and a dimmable device?

If so try deleting the switch so Google can only see the dimmable?

Comment

I do not believe it is a switch and a dimmer , just dimmer. Based on homeseer instructions since these devices only have 1 feature attach I only enabled voice on the device not the feature, perhaps that is a mistake?

Tom how do i know if I have the "Dim icon", is this it? https://www.dropbox.com/s/mngpwwcltp...%20PM.png?dl=0

Comment

Yes, that is the dim icon -- that slider. All of your controls (buttons/sliders) are on the Table Light feature. I think you could enable voice on either the root device or the Table Light feature. You can try both just to make sure. Just make sure that you disable the voice command on the device when you enable the feature or else it will use the device anyway. I think that it should all be good, but it would be interesting to see the status/graphic tab from your Table Lamp feature. Also, I am assuming that it controls as expected via the buttons you have shown in the UI.
          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
          Web Site
          YouTube Channel

Comment

no luck with the feature. I disabled voice on the device and enabled it on the feature but same result. Unless i change the dim on the homeseer UI first then the dimmer shows up. If its either Off or On it only shows up as a switch in Google Home.

Additionally, the Google home devices dont seem to respond to voice commands. I see all the devices in Home, but when i say "Hey Google, turn off the Kitchen Table Lights" all i get it is either "I dont understand" or "To control your lights, please add them to the google home app". I tried doing "Sync devices" a few times but no luck. Sigh.

Comment

Did you disable the "Is Light" option? Did you inspect the status/graphic values? What exact switch are you using?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I thought is light needed to be checked for a dimmer not the other way around ?

they are HomeSeer HD-100/200 dimmers

Comment

"Is Light" is for when you have a light that doesn't have a dimmer option. When it only has on/off it looks the same as a switch as far as the control use goes so it's needed.
                  Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Bump

This just started happening to me. I have two systems. One system has not been touched with Google Assistant / Google Home integration since before December 2023 and its dimmers are not dimmable. The odd thing is if I dim them in Homeseer, then, they are dimmable in Google Assistant. Once I turn them off in Google Assistant they are no longer dimmable. They can only be turned on or off.

Is any one else experiencing this odd behavior?

Comment

Working...
                    X