Set a virtual device's value using Google Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Again, based on my similar frustration with Alexa devices, this is an HST problem. Other Alexa skills from some smart bulb makers allow one to set things like color temperature with have numerical values beyond 0 - 100, so somehow they have device representations in Alexa that accept those values.
    You might well be right. There are surely things out there that can be controlled by Google and Amazon in addition to on/off/dim and thermostats.

Comment

This thread has been really useful together with Jon00's device creator. I now have the virtual thermnostat devices that I wanted and can see them / control them in google home. However, the temperature is always in Farenheight in Google Home even though all other devices are in Centigrade. Anyone know how to sort this?

A extra bit of info which I think is realted to the problem - if I share Zigbee radiator valves from Homeseer google also shows them in Farenheight whereas if I connect them to Tuya and share them with google home they show correctly in centigrade.

To clarify - for example if the value in Homesser is shown as 0 in Google home it is 32. II'm not bothered about the units symbol but it automatically converts the value! Having to mentally convert everytime we want to set a temperature by voice is a bit taxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Originalcom View Post
        This thread has been really useful together with Jon00's device creator. I now have the virtual thermnostat devices that I wanted and can see them / control them in google home. However, the temperature is always in Farenheight in Google Home even though all other devices are in Centigrade. Anyone know how to sort this?

A extra bit of info which I think is realted to the problem - if I share Zigbee radiator valves from Homeseer google also shows them in Farenheight whereas if I connect them to Tuya and share them with google home they show correctly in centigrade.

To clarify - for example if the value in Homesser is shown as 0 in Google home it is 32. II'm not bothered about the units symbol but it automatically converts the value! Having to mentally convert everytime we want to set a temperature by voice is a bit taxing!
        Is your weather unit in Google Home set to Centigrade? Google Home Support: Choose a weather unit.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Yes the weather widget is set to centigrade. I just toggled it to make sure but no difference unfortunately. This really does make it difficult to use. I've put a lot of work into the setup, events & scripts to have the system work the way I want but it's difficult to convince the better half to use this in Fahrenheit. She wants me to revert to the Tuya app!

Comment

Working...
          X