Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeing someone else's devices in IFTTT / IFTTT events failing or not received

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    So I can definitely delete my IFTTT to HS connection, but it warns me that this will delete my applets, all 22 of them. Which is a pain. Maybe I’ll try to do the same things without using a cloud service in future. But it’s so convenient and so tempting...

    Comment


      #32
      Just click on the "Edit Connection" button. This should reset your token with IFTTT and should not delete any applets. I tried it here and my applets are still there.

      Originally posted by ThirdSectorMan View Post
      So I can definitely delete my IFTTT to HS connection, but it warns me that this will delete my applets, all 22 of them. Which is a pain. Maybe I’ll try to do the same things without using a cloud service in future. But it’s so convenient and so tempting...
      website | buy now | support | youtube

      Comment


        #33
        Rich,

        I don't really have a dog in this particular fight since I don't use myhs or IFTTT. However, I would be most interested in how you manage this issue in terms of communicating with the HS users with whom HS has broken its promise to protect any data provided thru myhs. You seem to be leaning towards this being a IFTTT problem. If so, HS must aggressively manage this issue with IFTTT and get it resolved. In terms of security and data privacy, work arounds (ie. relogin, reboot, start/stop) are never an acceptable answer. The root cause must be determined and promptly corrected.

        Also, as a old IT veteran, I've learned that when a known system fails for no apparent reason, the first thing to suspect is what last changed. You said you changed the server. Might make sense to investigate enough to positively rule out that possibility. In the past I've always felt really bad when the first suspected cause (IFTTT in this case) turned out not to be the culprit and it was in fact something in my domain.

        While not actually being impacted by this particular issue, indirectly I am, since I am firmly committed to HS3. We've experienced security problems before (remote login) with the base product. The response and subsequent communications to those effected was important. It was also lacking, IMHO. All HS users should have a vested interest in how HS reacts to these sorts of severe problems. Lack of clear, transparent, and unspun communications does not usually work out well. Yahoo and Facebook are good textbook examples of how to do it wrong.

        Thanks for all you do! I really love the product. Good luck on promptly putting this one to bed.

        Robert

        Comment


          #34
          On your original account can you simply edit the HS connection which will prompt you to enter your MyHS credentials again. This should generate a new token with IFTTT. I would like to see if that fixes things. This should not delete any existing applets.

          Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Ok, still waiting on ifttt.


          I created a new IFTTT account with another email address and things look right. I could just switch to the new one but i'm curious about what fixes it. I used to use it for several things but now i am just using IFTTT as a bridge for my wemo devices since i am maxed out on my PI plugins.

          Comment


            #35
            We are working with IFTTT but they appear slow to respond, holiday probably has something to do with it. We did think about disabling all IFTTT access but the issue appears to only affect a few users. I am sure there could be some users who do not realize there is a problem. It seems breaking everyone might not be the best solution at this moment. As for the server, the system is on the original server now and some users still report the issue, so that is not the problem. No other changes were made on our end. We don't have any control over third party services such as Amazon, Google, and IFTTT other than the ability to totally disable it.

            If we don't get a resolution from IFTTT by tomorrow and users still report an issue, our current plan is to revoke ALL tokens for IFTTT. This will require all users to re-connect the HS service. IFTTT tells us to revoke tokens on users with an issue, but we don't have enough info to do that.

            Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
            Rich,

            I don't really have a dog in this particular fight since I don't use myhs or IFTTT. However, I would be most interested in how you manage this issue in terms of communicating with the HS users with whom HS has broken its promise to protect any data provided thru myhs. You seem to be leaning towards this being a IFTTT problem. If so, HS must aggressively manage this issue with IFTTT and get it resolved. In terms of security and data privacy, work arounds (ie. relogin, reboot, start/stop) are never an acceptable answer. The root cause must be determined and promptly corrected.

            Also, as a old IT veteran, I've learned that when a known system fails for no apparent reason, the first thing to suspect is what last changed. You said you changed the server. Might make sense to investigate enough to positively rule out that possibility. In the past I've always felt really bad when the first suspected cause (IFTTT in this case) turned out not to be the culprit and it was in fact something in my domain.

            While not actually being impacted by this particular issue, indirectly I am, since I am firmly committed to HS3. We've experienced security problems before (remote login) with the base product. The response and subsequent communications to those effected was important. It was also lacking, IMHO. All HS users should have a vested interest in how HS reacts to these sorts of severe problems. Lack of clear, transparent, and unspun communications does not usually work out well. Yahoo and Facebook are good textbook examples of how to do it wrong.

            Thanks for all you do! I really love the product. Good luck on promptly putting this one to bed.

            Robert
            website | buy now | support | youtube

            Comment


              #36
              Rich,

              Thanks very much from all of us for that update. It gives me comfort to know you are in control and have a plan with contingencies.

              Thanks again!

              Robert

              Comment


                #37
                IFTTT did get back to me and has seen the issue but after checking, the connection started working. Its possible the user in question reset their connection. If anyone is still seeing the wrong "connected as" user in the HS service connection issue, can you PM me your HS MyHS login so we can check it.
                website | buy now | support | youtube

                Comment


                  #38
                  Happy New Year! Sorry not to have joined in the conversation for a few hours, been sleeping after seeing in the new year.

                  I’m still having problem, now appear as a different person (still not me). I’ll PM you as suggested.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    I see my devices again and no longer see the French device names, but my service activity is full of errors from this morning at times when no event occurred. I just tested and confirmed that new events from the same devices are triggering applets properly. Maybe there are a bunch of old events that were being retried?
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      IFTTT did get back to me and has seen the issue but after checking, the connection started working. Its possible the user in question reset their connection. If anyone is still seeing the wrong "connected as" user in the HS service connection issue, can you PM me your HS MyHS login so we can check it.
                      Mine is correct now, I'll keep an eye on it to see if it sticks.
                      Thanks for the work over the holidays.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        OK, my IFTTT connection is now working fine. All triggers work OK, I see my own devices and events in IFTTT and - for the first time in a while - I'm seeing my own HS login credentials in IFTTT.

                        Thanks to all of those who beavered around in the background to get things working again.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Is anyone else still seeing this issue?
                          website | buy now | support | youtube

                          Comment


                            #43
                            i have had an issue for a few days, when i go to the IFTTT site it tells me i have been disconnected from homeseer, when i go to log in it gives me a error message " Could not connect service" this happens both on Android and Windows. when i go directly to homeseer web page the exact same credentials it works, when i put in a wrong credential in on IFTT it gives me a different error " Bad user"
                            my system connection thru HS touch App works fine both inside and outside the house network. i deleted all my Applets hand sigend out even made a new user . same issue.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	issues.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1271716Click image for larger version

Name:	issue 2.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1271717

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Still seeing lots of failed events. Around 25 of these today so far and HS should have only fired an applet four times.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 5.39.59 PM.png
Views:	67
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1271655
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                #45
                                I too have IFTTT issues. Have for a month now, thought it was something on my side. That’s all been ruled out. I removed the HomeSeer service, which in turn removed my applets, from my IFTTT account and have tried to reconnect it only to get the “Cannot connect Service” error. However I can log into myths.homeseer.com without any issue. Click image for larger version

Name:	20E04FBC-5C59-4332-9CB8-D3AB7F62EB94.png
Views:	70
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1271787

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X