No announcement yet.

Seeing someone else's devices in IFTTT / IFTTT events failing or not received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing someone else's devices in IFTTT / IFTTT events failing or not received

Today I logged into IFTTT and tried to create a new applet with a Homeseer trigger. Instead of my own devices, it shows me a list of someone else's devices in French -- see the attached screenshot. This was working fine yesterday.

Additionally, when I go to Services > Homeseer > Settings in IFTTT and click "View Activity Log", I see a number of failed events. See the second screenshot attached.

Also, last night I was trying to trigger 9 Homeseer applets simultaneously by turning on 9 virtual devices based on a single event. The applets would not fire reliably, only some of them would work. It seemed random each time I tried it.

Is the Homeseer integration with IFTTT down or having problems? How can I monitor the health of that integration?
    Attached Files

I'm not having the issues of seeing someone else's stuff on IFTTT, but IFTTT-Homeseer triggers have not been working for the past 24 hours or so.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
      I'm not having the issues of seeing someone else's stuff on IFTTT, but IFTTT-Homeseer triggers have not been working for the past 24 hours or so.
      They’re working fine for me.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes, I'm having this same problem too. My IFTTT triggers haven't been working for the past day or two. In IFTTT I see someone else's devices (slightly jealous - this guy has a spa, a fountain, and a waterfall).

I tried editing my connection in IFTTT, thinking that maybe re-entering my HomeSeer user id and password would 'reset' things? Instead, it accepted my credentials but then showed me logged in as somebody else! And then it doesn't find my HS events, just showing me an empty list.

Perhaps the Christmas party at HomeSeer HQ went a bit too well?

Comment

I would email support@homeseer.com as this seems like a serious issue. FWIW I just checked my applets and they are just mine, although my spa, fountain and waterfall devices appear to be missing

just kidding on that last part. All mine are fine and executing normally.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I already emailed support. I will add a link to this thread.

Comment

i am getting devices that are not mine as well

Comment

I have all my own devices but Homeseer and Wemo services fail. I have MyQ linked and it has been working.

EDIT: now i show that my account is linked to someone else.

Comment

Odd, we switched over to a different server yesterday, I am going to switch traffic back to the main one and see if the problem remains.
                  πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Taffic has been moved back to the main server, if you are still seeing an issue please post.
                    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I disconnected HS from IFTTT then reconnected, the "connected as" info shows the wrong user.

Comment

Hi ya...I had to "reconnect" my account to stop seeing other users devices.

Comment

Can you PM me your myhs login?

Originally posted by thomauto@aol.com View Post
                          I disconnected HS from IFTTT then reconnected, the "connected as" info shows the wrong user.

Comment

I have not experienced this problem nor any of the many connectivity problems others have experienced. But... I don't use myhs. I am all local. I once did test an Echo connectivity to HS which required myhs. After the second failure for the two to talk reliably, I abandoned the project. In general, I'm not comfortable putting the access control to my system in the hands of others who really don't have a good track record in terms of availability. Now we have the added concern of data security.

On the surface, it does seem to be a significant security and data breach that should definitely motivate HS to review their processes in regards to security, privacy, and testing.

Comment

If you are seeing an issue, can you go into the HomeSeer applet and click on the gear in the upper right corner. That will give you the applet settings. Check the "Connected As" section and see if the connection is yours. It appears that IFTTT is connecting the applet to the wrong user. That entire process is on the IFTTT side. We are contacting IFTTT to verify if they are having issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X