No announcement yet.

Seeing someone else's devices in IFTTT / IFTTT events failing or not received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, although the “mistaken identity” problem has gone, like others I’m still getting several IFTTT errors every day - “The Homeseer service or its API May temporarily be down”.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Is anyone else still seeing this issue?
      Still having issues.

Comment

Still seeing someone else in the "connected as" section for the HS service?

Originally posted by Rtmatthew View Post

Still having issues.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Still seeing someone else in the "connected as" section for the HS service?

No, the IFTTT Homeseer service cannot connect to myhs.homeseer.com even though I have no issue whatsoever logging directly into myhs.homeseer.com

Comment

I have also submitted an service issue report to IFTTT as well.

Comment

The IFTTT connection issue is resolved, please see if you can now connect to the service. If you are seeing other users devices, please post or PM me, I would like to know if that issue remains.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The IFTTT connection issue is resolved, please see if you can now connect to the service. If you are seeing other users devices, please post or PM me, I would like to know if that issue remains.
                I was able to finally connect the Service to myhs.homeseer.com. I will redo my applets and see if those are stiull broken. Hopefully not

Comment

Things seem to be much improved. There are very few errors now in Homeseer applet activity view on the IFTTT website.

However, I do still see an occasional error. The most recent one was at 2:19 PM today (4+ hours ago) for one of my lamps when no-one was home. There are earlier ones too:
                  * today at 1:31 PM, 10:39 AM, 2X 7:59 AM
                  * yesterday: 10:13 PM x5, 8:44 PM, 7:24 PM, 7:20 PM, 7:00 PM, 2:10 PM, 2:09 PM, and 1:19 PM.
                  All times Pacific Time.

So 17 errors since it was fixed. Many of these events are for virtual devices for which I had already removed the Homeseer trigger so I know these are very stale events. My sense is that this is a backlog of failed events being retried.

Comment

I agree that it seems that things may have improved, I only had 7 failures today vs 25 yesterday, and all my triggers fired when they should have. However, I'm really hoping Homeseer steps up and discloses some information. I'd like to know what happened and why other peoples devices were showing up in both IFTTT and Alexa apps.

Comment

FYI......I opened a case with IFTTT when I first noticed this and they responded yesterday with an email saying it was Homeseer's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernieo View Post
                        FYI......I opened a case with IFTTT when I first noticed this and they responded yesterday with an email saying it was Homeseer's fault.
                        Humm, in this post HS was claiming it was likely a IFTTT problem. Typical finger pointing and throwing the other party under the bus.

HS knows where the problem originated as does IFTTT. If they don't know, but are still declaring it fixed and understood in terms of root cause, then their integrity and competence is called into question.

In my past IT career, after severe outages, best practices required we create a COE (correction of errors) report. It was required to identify root cause and a plan to prevent future occurrences.

Rich, does HS really understand the root cause of this outage and security breach?

Comment

Rich,
                          Any response from Homeseer on this? It does not seem to be fully resolved. I’m still getting random failure messages, all at times my system would not have triggered anything. It seems to be less than it was but got 9 today so far.

Comment

Oh dear, it's all broken again.

It worked for a few days and then stopped today. I got an email notofication that I was disconnected. When trying to reconnect through IFTTT to my HomeSeer account, I typed in my credentials, which were accepted but then showed someone else's email address where mine should be. At least this person doesn't have a automated waterfall and an automated fountain but it's still annoying.

Is this a plot to undermine cloud-based (and free) IFTTT so that we all carry on buying HS3 plugins and run our systems locally? I think we should be told...

Comment

Trying to edit an applet at IFTTT website, not working at the moment. Gives the error message "HomeSeer seems to be down right now" ...

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdSectorMan View Post
                                Is this a plot to undermine cloud-based (and free) IFTTT so that we all carry on buying HS3 plugins and run our systems locally? I think we should be told...
                                I doubt HS has a 'plot' to discourage cloud based bridges to other ecosystems. This method of interfacing appears to be quite in vogue these days. However, the current situation reflected in this thread is a very good case study in why you should be very wary of non-local processing. There are inherent dangers that we all need to be aware of when making the decision to place the security, stability, and performance in the hands of others outside of our control.

Comment

Working...
                                X