No announcement yet.

Seeing someone else's devices in IFTTT / IFTTT events failing or not received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning it’s working OK and shows my email address again.

But I had 55 errors between midnight and 2.30am when I (and the house) were fast asleep.

Comment

I know this might sound like a thread hijack, but it is quite related to this problem. IFTTT only allows one smartphone to be attached to its native location service. This worked fine when I lived alone. So, when I left home, IFTTT would let HomeSeer know I was away and did things like set back the thermostat, automagic lighting, robot vacuuming.... However, now I needed to make sure this stuff ONLY happened when we were BOTH away.

My solution to this was to add a separate IFTTT account for my roommate and have it update a homeseer virtual device. This is apparently not supported by HomeSeer. Once I attached my gal's IFTTT account to HomeSeer, it invalidated the HomeSeer connection on my IFTTT account. I think the "solution" to the problem in this thread was to issue a new security token for the HomeSeer connection. This makes it impossible to have more than one IFTTT account attached to a single HomeSeer account.

Just letting you know that the "solution" caused a problem for my use case. At the very least, you should let users know when they are setting up HomeSeer service calls that this limitation exists.

Comment

Hello,

Link to IFTT is broken?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 01-18-19 at 01.12 PM.JPG Views:	1 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	1277126
        I have a device in HS3 (Volet) wich is turn on

I have a device (Smartlife Device) in HS3 that I turn on or off with a routine google home (Hello or good night)

For some time now, it has stopped working. I did not make any changes to my system.

The log:

janv.-18 17:00:25 Device Control Device: Tuya Entree Volet de l'entrée to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
        janv.-18 17:00:25 DEBUG JSON Sending device change notification to MyHS for device: 4383,0,100
        janv.-18 17:06:20 JSON A URL callback has been registered through MyHS, dvref: 4383
        janv.-18 17:06:20 DEBUG JSON Query: request=getstatus&devref=4383&token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx®ist ertriggerurl=https://myhs.homeseer.com/oauth/ifttt/triggerdatapush.aspx?triggerID=4383%7C0&source=IFTTT
        janv.-18 17:11:21 JSON A URL callback has been registered through MyHS, dvref: 4383
        janv.-18 17:11:21 DEBUG JSON Query: request=getstatus&devref=4383&token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx®ist ertriggerurl=https://myhs.homeseer.com/oauth/ifttt/triggerdatapush.aspx?triggerID=4383%7C0&source=IFTTT
        janv.-18 17:16:45 JSON A URL callback has been registered through MyHS, dvref: 4383
        janv.-18 17:16:45 DEBUG JSON Query: request=getstatus&devref=4383&token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx®ist ertriggerurl=https://myhs.homeseer.com/oauth/ifttt/triggerdatapush.aspx?triggerID=4383%7C0&source=IFTTT
        janv.-18 17:21:43 JSON A URL callback has been registered through MyHS, dvref: 4383
        janv.-18 17:21:43 DEBUG JSON Query: request=getstatus&devref=4383&token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx®ist ertriggerurl=https://myhs.homeseer.com/oauth/ifttt/triggerdatapush.aspx?triggerID=4383%7C0&source=IFTTT
        every five minute i receive a json message , but no action on my service smartlife

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Hello

IFTT Not work for me

I don't have backup solution.....

I created a new applet and it don't run

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-19-19 at 12.24 PM.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1277294
          Help please

Thanks.

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Just would like to add, my IFTTT integration with HS has been flaky since yesterday morning (Jan 18 , 2019). One out of every 20 actions in HS fire the trigger in IFTTT.

Comment

Seeing same issue. Failures since last night. I definitely need to add some extra monitoring.

Comment

IFTTT integration still not working for me. I've been having these errors for weeks, anywhere from 5 to 25 per day. My applets have worked only 50% of the time for weeks. I've emailed HS support multiple times and my emails just go into a black hole. I usually get a response telling me to try re-linking my account. I've done that and recreated my applets about 5 times now since the beginning of the year. Anytime I respond to support with additional details and questions, I never get a further response. They are either getting lost or I am purposely getting ignored. Either way, this entire thing makes my confidence in HS as a company not satisfactory.

Comment

Okay, the situation has now gotten even worse. Not only am I getting the normal random failures, but applets are firing at random times and actually controlling my devices.

Comment

I noticed that IFTTTT was having issues around the same time as an issue with Alexa - see this thread - https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ems-to-be-down. The Alexa integration was fixed and do was the IFTTTT for a while. But then I noticed lights not responding again about a week ago. Is there any way to trigger a warning when the link between homeseer and IFTTTT breaks? The applet failed error on the IFTTTT site is buried. The homeseer applet configuration in IFTTTT shows active right now but yet the applets are failing.

Comment

Originally posted by cgeisler View Post
                      Okay, the situation has now gotten even worse. Not only am I getting the normal random failures, but applets are firing at random times and actually controlling my devices.
                      Since my post yesterday I've had the same. Hours after the corresponding HS events occurred IFTTT decided to respond to a select few of them.

Comment

This morning I went into the IFTTT site, under services, picked Homeseer - it says status is active. I clicked on Edit connection and logged into myhs hoping that this would solve something. Two triggers from 6:46 that morning fired - it was around 12:30pm. Then I tried switching some devices in homeseer and got applet failed again in IFTTT.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                          I noticed that IFTTTT was having issues around the same time as an issue with Alexa - see this thread - https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ems-to-be-down. The Alexa integration was fixed and do was the IFTTTT for a while. But then I noticed lights not responding again about a week ago. Is there any way to trigger a warning when the link between homeseer and IFTTTT breaks? The applet failed error on the IFTTTT site is buried. The homeseer applet configuration in IFTTTT shows active right now but yet the applets are failing.
                          See here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...01#post1042801

and here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...697#post991697
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks - you got me thinking. What if you created a device in homeseer, and in IFTTT setup that device to turn itself off. That way you could trigger it in homeseer, and then start a timer. When it turns off from IFTTT then turn off the timer. That way you could see if it is working through a timed event call in homeseer, but you could also see what the response time was?

Comment

Hello

do I replace IFTTT with the Webhook plugin?

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/d...lug-in-for-hs3

Jean-Francois

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                                Hello

do I replace IFTTT with the Webhook plugin?

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/d...lug-in-for-hs3

Jean-Francois

You seem to be assuming that the problem is with IFTTT.

IFTTT says there are 11 million users running more than a billion Applets a month. If it is a IFTTT problem, surely others would have seen it and it is not unique to HS. However, I did a search for users reporting they are seeing other peoples info when using IFTTT. I found no other reports. Access to IFTTT is via an applet. I'm pretty sure HS would have built that applet rather than by IFTTT.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that the root cause of the problem is a HS issue. I hope I'm wrong. However, as we have seen in the past in terms of communications from HS, we will likely never know.

Now, regarding your thought to replace IFTTT with the Webhook plugin, the functionality of the two programs seems like night and day. Can you elaborate on how the Webhook plugin would replace IFTTT functionality?

Comment

Working...
                                X