No announcement yet.

Seeing someone else's devices in IFTTT / IFTTT events failing or not received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not speak well, I was thinking about the possibility of using the webhook plugin with the IFTTT webhook functionality and bypassing the HS3 applet

Jean-Francois

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
      I did not speak well, I was thinking about the possibility of using the webhook plugin with the IFTTT webhook functionality and bypassing the HS3 applet

Jean-Francois
      Now I see what you meant. Thanks. For those needing IFTTT, might be something to explore. It would take myHS out of the equation.

Comment

Brilliant idea!! You don't even need the plugin. I think I'm giving up on the HS native integration entirely. I got this to work by making a script for each applet I wanted to fire. This seems to work nicely.

Function Main(parm as object)
        dim result as object
        result=hs.GetURL("http://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Event_Name_Here/with/key/xxxxxxxxxx","/",TRUE,80)
        return(result)
        End Function

Comment

Originally posted by cgeisler View Post
          Brilliant idea!! You don't even need the plugin. I think I'm giving up on the HS native integration entirely. I got this to work by making a script for each applet I wanted to fire. This seems to work nicely.

dim result as object
          result=hs.GetURL("http://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Event_Name_Here/with/key/xxxxxxxxxx","/",TRUE,80)
          return(result)
          End Function

I love this idea. Definitely going to try this. Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

In my case I was relying on IFTTT to control some TP Link Kasa switches and lights. The wonky connectivity with HS3 was giving me grief. I managed (after much pain) to figure out how to use cUrl to control my Kasa devices. Six .bat files and some HS3 events later, everything is controlled directly by HS3.

I've deleted HS3 from my IFTTT connections and no longer need to rely upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by cgeisler View Post

dim result as object
              return(result)
              End Function
              I have a couple Wemo switches that tried webhooks on and it looks like it will work for me, at least in my initial tests.
              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X