Unable to connect IFTTT to Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect IFTTT to Homeseer

I am trying to connect IFTTT to Homeseer from the IFTTT website/app (have tried both modalities), but am not successful. I get to the MyHomeseer page (https://myhs.homeseer.com/oAuth/Default) and enter my username/password combination and I get 1 of 2 outcomes:
    1. Returns me to the IFTTT page with the HomeSeer action and I have to turn it "on" and start again with the authorization
    2. The following error shows up on a white webpage: "Session Expired. Authentication required. You will be redirected in 5 seconds..."

I have visited https://myhs.homeseer.com and am able to login with my username/password combination.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a special setting needed on my HomeSeer to enable the IFTTT integration?

Similar here, trying to set up IFTTT for the first time with HS3. On the IFTTT page I searched for Homeseer, and tried to connect to the service. It goes to the myHS page, allows me to add my log in details, and then goes back to IFTTT with a "failed to connect to service" message. I tried it numerous times.
    Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

i am now having same issue and it was working previously. may be a service issue

Comment

I would contact support@homeseer.com so they can troubleshoot with you. FWIW, my IFTTT integration is working normally.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I was able to connect today (finally). I was working with the support team, but they couldn't find anything wrong with my account. It appears that there was some sort of problem with the IFTTT integration on their site/service. After trying to connect 3 more times today, it finally worked.

gremlins ... love 'em and hate 'em ... they are always there.

Comment

I ran into the exact same problem. However, when I changed browsers that solved the problem. I was using Foxfire originally when I switched to Google Chrome then everything worked correctly. Good Luck.

Comment

Same issue here...all browsers, all of the time. Been that way for a few weeks now out of the blue.

Comment

I just signed up for IFTTT and have the same issue.

Steps:
                Sign into IFTTT
                Find the Homeseer Service, click Connect
                Redirected to https://myhs.homeseer.com/oAuth/Default
                Try my valid MyHS login credentials
                Get a page saying, "Session Expired. Authentication required. You will be redirected in 5 seconds..."

Happened on both Chrome and Edge.

Wait a minute... just tried the same exact thing, like the 4th time, with Edge and it worked. Very strange and makes me wonder how reliable this will be....

--Doug

Comment

Hello,

I have the same thing
                  Session Expired. Authentication required. You will be redirected in 5 seconds.

i have tried all Browsers but no luke.
                  I have tried 20 , 30 times login but no working iftt.
                  Is there something I can do to make it work.

Thanks ed

Comment

Originally posted by ESSCHENK View Post
                    Hello,

I have the same thing
                    Session Expired. Authentication required. You will be redirected in 5 seconds.

i have tried all Browsers but no luke.
                    I have tried 20 , 30 times login but no working iftt.
                    Is there something I can do to make it work.

Thanks ed

Hi Ed, I would contact HS support as they can see what’s happening on the backside of the MyHS interface that IFTTT uses.
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have problems too. Google Home integration stopped working today, so I tried going via IFTTT but I get error accessing the service.

I contacted support.

Comment

Originally posted by dwoolridge View Post
                        I just signed up for IFTTT and have the same issue.

Steps:
                        Sign into IFTTT
                        Find the Homeseer Service, click Connect
                        Redirected to https://myhs.homeseer.com/oAuth/Default
                        Try my valid MyHS login credentials
                        Get a page saying, "Session Expired. Authentication required. You will be redirected in 5 seconds..."

Happened on both Chrome and Edge.

Wait a minute... just tried the same exact thing, like the 4th time, with Edge and it worked. Very strange and makes me wonder how reliable this will be....

--Doug
                        May 2021 and the same thing happened here (with HS4). The first few attempts at logging in at the MyHS OAuth page resulted "Session Expired. Authentication required." -- a few retries later and it successfully authorized.

Comment

Working...
                        X