Homeseer initiated triggers not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    I went with the Webhooks approach. Works great. I use it to control a few zigbee devices on a wink hub. Have disabled all of the myhomeseer applets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    just come back to say I've just done the webhooks thing and saw your post. Loads better. Ditched the HS service.

&hs.GetURL("https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Webhooks trigger name here/with/key/YOUR KEY HERE WHEN YOU ADD THE WEBHOOKS SERVICE","/",TRUE,80)

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post

just come back to say I've just done the webhooks thing and saw your post. Loads better. Ditched the HS service.

&hs.GetURL("https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Webhooks trigger name here/with/key/YOUR KEY HERE WHEN YOU ADD THE WEBHOOKS SERVICE","/",TRUE,80)

Cheers

J
      Great.... Thanks for the hint. Works a treat!

Comment

Working for me as well. Thanks so much!

Comment

I reported this with IFTTT last night, got an automated email response but not heard anything yet. Unlikely I will. IFTTT has always been crap for me. I'll probably bin the light switches and put some decent ones in, glad I didn't get loads.

Cheers

J
          Heard anything back yet?

Comment

Originally posted by barto View Post

Heard anything back yet?
            👎 nope. Just go the webhooks route in my post above. Loads faster and reliable.

Cheers

J

Comment

👎 nope. Just go the webhooks route in my post above. Loads faster and reliable.

Cheers

J
              So is this your approach?:-

When things happen in Homeseer, a Homeseer event runs a maker/webhooks request. This in turn is then a maker trigger in IFTTT to do something else?

What about the other way round? I have some other services in IFTTT that trigger devices / events in Homeseer.

Comment

So is this your approach?:-

When things happen in Homeseer, a Homeseer event runs a maker/webhooks request. This in turn is then a maker trigger in IFTTT to do something else?

What about the other way round? I have some other services in IFTTT that trigger devices / events in Homeseer.
                Add webhooks service in IFTTT.
                You can then get your key to put in the script I posted.
                Then add a webhooks applet to control the device you want through IFTTT. Copy the applet name into the script I posted.
                Create a homeseer event and run an immediate script like I posted with the applet name and your key from the webhooks service In IFTTT.

Cheers

J

Comment

I understand that, but how do I do the same the other way round?

I want to make other services in IFTTT trigger events and devices in Homeseer.

Eg. A do button if IFTTT that turns a homeseer light on?

Obviously this should work using the standard setup of Button trigger > homeseer device action in IFTTT but this also does always work.

Comment

Add webhooks service in IFTTT.
                    You can then get your key to put in the script I posted.
                    Then add a webhooks applet to control the device you want through IFTTT. Copy the applet name into the script I posted.
                    Create a homeseer event and run an immediate script like I posted with the applet name and your key from the webhooks service In IFTTT.

Cheers

J
                    Hi
                    Do you mind explaining what you mean by a "webhooks applet" to control a device? Is that an applet you need to create in IFTTT? or some other service?

Thanks

Comment

never mind , I figured it out.

works well, thanks

Comment

I understand that, but how do I do the same the other way round?

I want to make other services in IFTTT trigger events and devices in Homeseer.

Eg. A do button if IFTTT that turns a homeseer light on?

Obviously this should work using the standard setup of Button trigger > homeseer device action in IFTTT but this also does always work.
                        When “Event in IFTTT” POST http request to your HS3 server IP with webhooks

I’m pretty sure you can configure HS3 to take http requests to fire an event.

Cheers

J

Comment

Hello

I use webhook service in IFTTT because HS3 Don't fire the applet in IFTTT,

BUT IFTTT Always run an event or switch a device in HS3

On resume:

HS3 --> IFTTT don't work i use a script with webhook service

IFTTT --> HS3 Always work

Jean-francois.

Comment

I concur that the web hooks works really nicely. It is also quite fast. It has prompted me to dig through some of the options on IFTTT in more detail. For example I now have a voice announcement in the house every time someone goes into space using the NASA IFTTT integration. I haven't actually heard it speak yet, but for all I know no one has gone into space recently!

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                              I went with the Webhooks approach. Works great. I use it to control a few zigbee devices on a wink hub. Have disabled all of the myhomeseer applets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Thanks for the idea, this works good

Comment

When “Event in IFTTT” POST http request to your HS3 server IP with webhooks

I’m pretty sure you can configure HS3 to take http requests to fire an event.

Cheers

J
                                Very happy to be able to be able to use the script template provided by Skinnez to initiate an action outside of HomeSeer based on conditions met within HomeSeer. However, I can't figure out a way to do the reverse (as originally brought up by barto). In my case I want to turn on a siren controlled by HomeSeer when a Blink camera detects motion. Can anyone explain how this is done (in language a 6th grader could understand) Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X