Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT Not Working as of 2-16-2019 @12pm PST

Anyone else's IFTTT events not firing?

Mine have all stopped or are very intermittent. Definitely something wrong.

Comment

Mine hasn't worked reliability for about a month.

Comment

My IFTTT initiated events continue to work reliably.
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Mine quit too. And logins to myHS from IFTTT say not authenticated. Any solutions?

UPDATE : Mine is now working but I had to disconnect the myHS service from IFTTT (which deleted all my applets! Ugh.). Reconnected and now working.

Comment

Both mine and my wife's IFTTT began disconnecting at least once daily starting about a week or two ago. I've actually reworked a few recipes to avoid HS integration altogether.

Comment

Mine is also not working. Even simple events. It's very frustrating.

Comment

There's another topic on this with a solution using webhooks: "Homeseer initiated triggers not working"

In summary:
                1. Everyone replying (large number) are having difficulty with HomeSeer IFTTT applets and it's gone on for several months.
                2. The problems are only when the HomeSeer service is used in the IF portion of the applet (using Homeseer in the +this).
                3. The solution to creating an IFTTT with a HomeSeer device controlled in the "+this" is:
                  1. You need a Webhooks trigger URL. Go to https://ifttt.com/maker_webhooks and click "documentation". At that point you will be provided a trigger URL that looks like this: "https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/event_name/with/key/your_key". The your_key is a number specific to you only. The event_name is various commands that you will author later inside the IFTTT webhooks portion of your new applets.
                  2. Create new applet beginning with webhooks service as the +this. Select the "Receive a Web Request" function which is the only function provided by webhooks. Enter any command (made up by you) in the "Event Name" box (no spaces in the command). Example: porch_light_on. Press "Create Trigger". Now you will be at the +that portion of your new applet. Finish the applet using any IFTTT service you want to use.
                  3. Create a new event in your HomeSeer system control (I use HomeSeer Web Control). On the "THEN" portion of your event select "Run a Script or Script Command" and select the "Immediate script command" check box. In the entry field provided enter your Webhooks trigger URL modified like this: &hs.GetURL("https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/event_name/with/key/your_key","/",TRUE,80)
                I hope this helps. It works for me and apparently many others. As someone new to both HomeSeer and IFTTT I've tried to explain this in the simplest way possible with information pieced together from several different sources.

Comment

Jeff, thanks for taking the time to write this up. I just tried it and it works, although i had to change the script to this, which I found in another thread.

&hs.GetURL("https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/EVENT/with/key/KEY","/",TRUE,80)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveZ View Post
                    Jeff, thanks for taking the time to write this up. I just tried it and it works, although i had to change the script to this, which I found in another thread.

&hs.GetURL("https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/EVENT/with/key/KEY","/",TRUE,80)
                    Darn I forgot that. I'll edit the post to include that so that it's accurate. Thanks for pointing out.

Comment

Well, at least there's a solution. I was hoping for one that didn't involve recreating triggers...

Is HomeSeer aware of this?
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

For me, nothing on IFTTT regarding HomeSeer works!

This is probably because I changed my password for myHS in order to get HSmobile working. I can’t find anything in IFTTT that lets me re-register with HomeSeer. Help please!
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                          For me, nothing on IFTTT regarding HomeSeer works!

This is probably because I changed my password for myHS in order to get HSmobile working. I can’t find anything in IFTTT that lets me re-register with HomeSeer. Help please!
                          Log into IFTTT from a desktop computer, and on the top right under your user name, select from the dropdown "services" and find Homeseer. Once on the HomeSeer service, click on "Settings" and "Edit Connection". Then log in using your MyHS account.

Comment

I think that HomeSeer was adding additional relay services in the past few weeks. I have a 'feeling' that this has something to do with this. In the past three weeks or so, my geofence triggers that ever pretty reliable now fail about half the time (not sure if 50%, but sometimes it works, many times it does not). I re-authenticated IFTTT and it still unreliable. I don't get good details on the IFTTT errors though

Comment

My experience with IFTTT lately might be related. Direct triggering of IFTTT activities seems OK. In other words, using IFTTT to trigger a Homeseer event seems OK. But having Homeseer trigger an IFTTT action has been messed up for a while. For example, I have an HAI Omni alarm system attached. In Homeseer, I created a VDevice with simple On/Off flag for when the system is armed/disarmed. My IFTTT recipe is to look at that flag and if it changes to on, send me a text that the system has been armed. And the reverse for disarm. Worked like a charm for months and months. Then a few months back, it began to fail or sends the text hours later. Very weird. I have not been able to figure it out.

I changed the setup to use Pushover instead of IFTTT. Been working fine that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X