Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IFTTT partially down for over a month now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT partially down for over a month now?

What's going on with IFTTT and Homeseer?

Since April 9, I've noticed that homeseer events can no longer initiate IFTTT actions, though IFTTT initiated actions can still turn on HS devices and trigger HS events. Oddly enough, though, when I look in my IFTTT error log, I see that every attempt for HS-initiated actions does show up there with the message "Trigger failure message There was a problem with the HomeSeer service." Clearly IFTTT is receiving data from the HS-service, but for some reason isn't processing it. Did HS forget to pay their IFTTT service bill or what?

Same problem here which is a bad place to be given I had integrated our AC unit via IFTTT. I thought it was just me having this problem.

Gave up and went the webhooks route suggested in another thread which worked so much quicker anyways.

Comment

Any update here ? I can connect to homeseer in IFTT setup, when you you get to configure an Applet it now just says "Options Unavailable". The applets have been working with no issues for some time until just the last week or so. re-connecting/authenticating doesn't seem to effect anything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ifttt.png
Views:	665
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	1309153

Comment

Same problem. Was working fine until lately. Issued a google assist command via my android auto in my car to turn on the AC, and damn I come back to a hot home. When I browse the homeseer devices via ifttt, it has problem listing the devices. Sometimes I can browse. Most times not.

Comment

As posted in a few other threads, you need to ensure that your local HS system has an account with the same username and password as your MyHS account. I added that account a month or so ago and had been working fine until a few days ago when my IFTTT triggered events were only working sporadically. Disconnecting and reconnecting my HS account in IFTTT seems to have resolved the latest issue.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I too am having this "one way" issue where events trigger by Homeseer devices changing status are not recognized by IFTTT. They do work when the trigger is NOT a Homeseer devices (i.e. Google Assistant voice command running a Homeseer device).

Disconnecting and reconnecting did NOT solve the problem... and a word of warning to anyone who thinks of doing that: IFTTT will delete *ALL* of your applets connected to Homeseer whether or not they are Homeseer triggered.

Obviously there is some problem with the Homeseer/IFTTT interface if so many of us are having this issue.

Comment

Wow this is not looking promising.

I'm testing out and trying to move stuff over and I'm running into to many issues...

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post
                Wow this is not looking promising.

I'm testing out and trying to move stuff over and I'm running into to many issues...
                What is not looking too promising?
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

What is not looking too promising?
                  I kicked off the virtual switch then it turned on my roomba 2 something hours later.

seems like something is broken with ifttt

Comment

I've been seeing this over the last few days as well. Homeseer device turned on or off as a trigger seems to be getting through to IFTTT sporadically, if at all. I'm hesitant to disconnect and reconnect my account as I don't want to lose all of the Applets I have for Homeseer. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

This morning I had an email from IFTTT
                      Your Applet has been turned off. It may need to be updated or the services it uses may need to be reconnected. For more information, view your activity logs.

Description
                      Homeseer -> Blink Disarm
                      I clicked on the link to check the applet and it was showing turned off. I tried to turn it on and it gave me an error about the service being unavailable. I edited the rule and noticed that the actions for the Blink camera were populated fine but the homeseer action was blank. I clicked down on the homeseer action to correct it and it wouldn't load any devices.

I have another rule for Blink Arm that was displaying fine and showing connected.

I tried creating a new rule and selecting a new homeseer device - as a test - again the dropdown would not populate.

I then went into the Homeseer service and reran the connection to myhs and everything was fine. I would guess that this is about the third or fourth time I have had to do this in IFTTT over the last 12 months.

I have never had a reliable experience with IFTTT - things like this keep happening or triggers sometimes firing immediately or sometimes hours later, or the same trigger working several times and then failing and then working again.

In general I have adopted the use of the maker event service in IFTTT and I send JSON commands from Homeseer to trigger events as this is 100% reliable - it is not using the homeseer connection to IFTTT.

Not sure where the issue is - but all I can say is that the Maker event trigger works flawlessly - so this points to the connection between IFTTT and HS - I assume this could be either end?

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                        This morning I had an email from IFTTT
                        Your Applet has been turned off. It may need to be updated or the services it uses may need to be reconnected. For more information, view your activity logs.

Description
                        Homeseer -> Blink Disarm
                        I clicked on the link to check the applet and it was showing turned off. I tried to turn it on and it gave me an error about the service being unavailable. I edited the rule and noticed that the actions for the Blink camera were populated fine but the homeseer action was blank. I clicked down on the homeseer action to correct it and it wouldn't load any devices.

I have another rule for Blink Arm that was displaying fine and showing connected.

I tried creating a new rule and selecting a new homeseer device - as a test - again the dropdown would not populate.

I then went into the Homeseer service and reran the connection to myhs and everything was fine. I would guess that this is about the third or fourth time I have had to do this in IFTTT over the last 12 months.

I have never had a reliable experience with IFTTT - things like this keep happening or triggers sometimes firing immediately or sometimes hours later, or the same trigger working several times and then failing and then working again.

In general I have adopted the use of the maker event service in IFTTT and I send JSON commands from Homeseer to trigger events as this is 100% reliable - it is not using the homeseer connection to IFTTT.

Not sure where the issue is - but all I can say is that the Maker event trigger works flawlessly - so this points to the connection between IFTTT and HS - I assume this could be either end?

How do you use the maker event service in IFTTT with JSON ?

Comment

Here are my rough notes - sorry if they are bit jumbled but should get you in the right direction:

This approach is necessary because the Applet control from HS3 to IFTTT is not reliable.

To create a command from Homeseer to IFTTT:

Create a new applet - Click User (umbrella) | Create
                          Choose Service Webhooks (Receive a web request)
                          Enter a Name (Example_Name) - not sure if you need underscores
                          Then pick the IFTT service you would like to run
                          Then Create Action
                          Turn off applet notification to avoid getting emails when it runs

Then create an event in Homeseer that runs an immediate script the following URL with the name of the Webhook inserted into the string:

result=hs.GetURL("http://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Blink_Arm_Cameras/with/key/INSERTKEYHERE","/",TRUE,80)

Sending variables:
                          https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/{event}/with/key/{my_key}?value1=Alex&value2=Helen

result=hs.GetURL("http://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/IFTTT_COMMAND/with/key/INSERTKEYHERE?value1=VALUE_NAME","/",TRUE,80)

For reference this is the HTTP call to run the Webhook directly:
                          http://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/Blink_Arm_Cameras/with/key/INSERTKEYHERE

To get key go to this page and click on documentation:
                          https://ifttt.com/maker_webhooks
                          https://maker.ifttt.com/use/INSERTKEYHERE

For sending commands from IFTTT to HS3 the HS3 applet seems fine for this.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            As posted in a few other threads, you need to ensure that your local HS system has an account with the same username and password as your MyHS account. I added that account a month or so ago and had been working fine until a few days ago when my IFTTT triggered events were only working sporadically. Disconnecting and reconnecting my HS account in IFTTT seems to have resolved the latest issue.
                            Follow this ^^^^ if you get the problem.

HS must see the username/pass in the list of users in the HS setup that you used when it jumps from IFTTT to MyHS and that account must have the access to the services in HS you want.

Once that's there, works just fine.

K.

Comment

Does anyone else have problem with HS and IFTTT? The trigger (HS) is delayed like 6-8 hours each time it is initiated? Will there be any fix for the HS and IFTTT connection?

Comment

Working...
                              X