Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just started with IFTTT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just started with IFTTT

    I just started using MyHS and IFTTT and have successfully got both working at least once.

    I'm using an event in Homeseer to switch a Homeseer device on/off. Then in IFTTT I'm using the device on/off applets to trigger Blink cameras on/off.

    The issue is it is horrendously unreliable....It might work, it might not, if it works it might be quick or it can be VERY slow...

    Is there anyway to debug what is happening? Can I get a HS log message to indicate if/when the HS device action was sent to IFTTT?

    Any ideas/pointers welcome.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
    BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
    DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

  • #2
    Welcome to the world of IFTTT. It's unusable in my opinion and I'm amazed it's still around as it's reliability has fallen so low.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dmurphy View Post
      The issue is it is horrendously unreliable....It might work, it might not, if it works it might be quick or it can be VERY slow...
      First anyone has heard of problems with If This Then Tomorrow....Maybe.....

      Comment


      • #4
        I had issues at house recently and need to somehow automate blink cameras on/off. Is doing it through amazon Alexa likely to be more reliable, quick?

        I was avoiding using it as there seems so many HS options /alternatives it looks like a major research project just to decide on the path forward. But with IFTTT being a non starter...
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
        BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
        DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dmurphy View Post
          I had issues at house recently and need to somehow automate blink cameras on/off. Is doing it through amazon Alexa likely to be more reliable, quick?

          I was avoiding using it as there seems so many HS options /alternatives it looks like a major research project just to decide on the path forward. But with IFTTT being a non starter...
          I can't say if doing it through Alexa would be more/less reliable/fast. I know most people don't use blink cameras though because of them not integrating with anything but cloud services.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Welcome to the world of IFTTT. It's unusable in my opinion and I'm amazed it's still around as it's reliability has fallen so low.
            I agree. I also use it because it's the only way I've been able to (minimally) communicate with my Trane XL950 thermostat: HS3->IFTTT->MyNexia.com->XL950. I'm unfortunately stuck with the XL950 for my zoned system so for now I'm stuck with IFTTT.
            -Wade

            Comment


            • #7
              IFTTT for HS is a mess. Receiving triggers into HS in the form of on/off devices seems to work reliably. For example, if Arlo cameras sense motion, I can turn on a HS device. But Sending information out of HS to be used as a trigger into another service hardly works at all, it can take hours to never! The other issue is that the HS service app seems to no longer show events that can be triggered. IMO if this is the kind of support HS gives IFTTT, they should just pull the service.

              Comment


              • #8
                I use IFTT for geofencing with my iPhone to set occupancy and open my garage door when I come home. It seems to work 90% of the time with little delay, but somethings I get about a minute or so delay in in functioning. Does anybody have a better geofencing option for HS3?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I use owntracks iphone app into an mqtt plugin (I use my own plugin but there are many...)

                  https://owntracks.org/booklet/
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
                  BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
                  DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by deakins View Post
                    I use IFTT for geofencing with my iPhone to set occupancy and open my garage door when I come home. It seems to work 90% of the time with little delay, but somethings I get about a minute or so delay in in functioning. Does anybody have a better geofencing option for HS3?
                    PHLocation2 is one of the better plugins for geofencing. It supports numerous apps/services for input of data. The speed/reliability of any mobile device GPS or any cloud service is going to be questionable on speed/reliability so you will have to just try a few. There are other professional options available but they cost money and require real GPS devices. A happy medium between full professional and good speed/reliability is to run your own Traccar server with a GPS device and then feed that information to PHLocation2.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X