New install of Ring Doorbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New install of Ring Doorbell

I've been using a door/window sensor (first X10 then z wave) connected to the doorbell to play a sound (foghorn) over my whole house audio when the door bell button is pressed. I recently replaced the doorbell with a Ring, and I've been looking for a way to replicate that function. Reading posts in this forum made me less than optimistic ifttt was the solution, but it seemed simple enough to give it a go. Worked like a charm, though that's not to say it will be reliable.

I am intrigued to see what other trouble I can cause with that Ring->IFTTT->MyHS->HS3 connection...!
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

I use Ring -> IFTTT -> HS. IFTTT turns a virtual device on which triggers a couple of events. One event turns on the porch lights if it is nighttime. Another event triggers the Chromecast plugin to play a "chime" throughout my house.

I am actually very pleasantly surprised at how well/quick this works.

Comment

Originally posted by lingerba View Post
      I use Ring -> IFTTT -> HS. IFTTT turns a virtual device on which triggers a couple of events. One event turns on the porch lights if it is nighttime. Another event triggers the Chromecast plugin to play a "chime" throughout my house.

I am actually very pleasantly surprised at how well/quick this works.
      Right now I just have it play a sound and blink a living room light (mainly to let someone know at night the house may not be vacant). I have the porch lights come on low at night, and I'm thinking about brightening the one on the front porch for some minutes when the doorbell rings.
      Regards,
      Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Working...
      X