Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IFTTT Free Plan Will Only Allows 3 Applets Starting 10/7 - Who Is Going To Subscribe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT Free Plan Will Only Allows 3 Applets Starting 10/7 - Who Is Going To Subscribe?

IFTTT just announced that free users will be limited to 3 applets. Users who want more will need to subscribe to a monthly plan. It's not clear what the new plan will cost (at least at the moment) but looks like they are shooting for roughly $10/month. So... wondering how many of you will be paying for this starting October 7th?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I do not use it enough to pay a monthly subscription. Besides, we have Node Red?

Comment

Lol..Nothing

Comment

I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but I won't even use it for free. I've always viewed the service for the casual home automation user that wants to point and click, and isn't upset if the automation doesn't perform on-time/quickly/reliably. And tying together/integrating all one's various devices through a cloud platform goes against the principles of most Homeseer users: keep the automation platform local so it doesn't rely on the Internet and the data is (more) private where possible.

I realize it's a tempting service because of the integrations offered, but I'd rather press the various device manufacturers to instead make an API available so that developers can make direct plug-ins for the various self-hosted platforms. I'm constantly writing emails to the manufacturers of many of my wifi enabled devices for them to release an API.

Just my two-cents.

Comment

This service is so slow and unusable I'm amazed it's lasted as long as it has.

Comment

For the time being, you can still 'choose what you want to pay' I think. That is something I will probably do in the beginning, to literraly buy some time to see if a valid alternative works.

I use to trigger events from my smart watch (Samsung Galaxy or Pebble (last when I am doing things where chance of damage is higher)) using webhooks. Works on both watches. But for 120$ a year a will certainly start looking for alternatives that might cost something, but only once (e.g. tasker plugin).
            I do not have the experience it is exstremely slow BTW, action happens within a few seconds (which is perfectly acceptable for what I do with it) and my Z-wave network might even cause a bigger delay than IFTTT in this chain.

Comment

It is 1.99 minimum per month. Only the first year

Comment

What Rupp said, nada zipp
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
                BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
                DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

I used this for a couple of things - like Blink cameras - as they provided no other hope of integration. But I certainly don't want to pay for the ability to arm my cameras with a variable and random delay of between 30 seconds and 30 minutes each time I activate them!

As far as I can tell - all IFTTT recipes that I had set up prior to the switch still work. This is in spite of the fact that I had 23 custom recipes and the limit is now 3. I am not sure if they will continue to work however.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                    I am not sure if they will continue to work however.
                    October 7th is the deadline. I assume things will stop working then if not sooner, unless they have a change of heart or change the free plan.

Comment

Is there a topic somewhere that is tracking all of the cloud service letdowns from the past couple of years? Thinking Iris, Nest, and so on. It seems like there have been a lot of examples of folks investing in service based automation just to end up getting burned when the service changes or stops supporting certain hardware they use.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                        Is there a topic somewhere that is tracking all of the cloud service letdowns from the past couple of years? Thinking Iris, Nest, and so on. It seems like there have been a lot of examples of folks investing in service based automation just to end up getting burned when the service changes or stops supporting certain hardware they use.
                        you mean like this thread? https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...-not-forgotten

Comment

Will only use as last resort. In fact not using at this moment.

---
                          John

Comment

Using 2 applets to trigger a/c setpoint changes (home/away modes) from HS via nexia.com. Timing is sometimes delayed a bit, but AFAIK it's the only way to get any integration at all for my particular Trane thermostats. I wouldn't pay more than a buck or 2 a month to have what it's doing for me now. Fortunately it appears it will remain free for my purposes.
                            -Wade

Comment

I am curious what they will do for those of us that have more than 3 custom routines? I have 23, but can do without most of them. Will all 23 stop working until I get it down to 3? I suppose I should plan on that happening and will go on and pare it down to the absolute minimum - which in my case is 4 so will have to give up some functionality with the Blink cameras.

Comment

Working...
                              X