Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IFTTT Free Plan Will Only Allows 3 Applets Starting 10/7 - Who Is Going To Subscribe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisfraser05 View Post
    I cancelled my account. The service is never reliable enough to use for anything more than fun.
    More than fun? For me it was more like frustration because it was so unreliable and useless. I wasted too much time on it trying to get it to work talking to the IFTTT guys and Skybell guys and each one blaming the other party. But considering that IFTTT is also inconsistent with other stuff I think it's IFTTT's fault. Or maybe both... I just don't understand why this thing is so terrible. There are other internet based approaches that worked much better (like stringify) but unfortunately disappeared. My theory was that they make the free service bad intentionally so they can sell a 'professional' service. But it seems even now that they introduced the paid service it's still bad... Don't waste your time. IFTTT probably will go away sooner or later...

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

More than fun? For me it was more like frustration because it was so unreliable and useless. I wasted too much time on it trying to get it to work talking to the IFTTT guys and Skybell guys and each one blaming the other party. But considering that IFTTT is also inconsistent with other stuff I think it's IFTTT's fault. Or maybe both... I just don't understand why this thing is so terrible. There are other internet based approaches that worked much better (like stringify) but unfortunately disappeared. My theory was that they make the free service bad intentionally so they can sell a 'professional' service. But it seems even now that they introduced the paid service it's still bad... Don't waste your time. IFTTT probably will go away sooner or later...
      Blinking a light when i sold an item on my webstore and stuff like that.... I gave up VERY VERY early trying to use it for anything I wanted to work fast or every time!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfraser05 View Post

Blinking a light when i sold an item on my webstore and stuff like that.... I gave up VERY VERY early trying to use it for anything I wanted to work fast or every time!
        Got it. I guess for that it's fine even if there is a delay of an hour.

Comment

Unless it is for food delivery!
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I have several functions that will only work through IFTTT (at my knowledge level, anyway). I'm struggling with one right now, the MyQ app that's supposed to open and close my garage door, they say it will work with Alexa, so I said, "terrific" and bought the system. Tried to get it to work with Alexa, they said, oh, it only works through IFTTT. Oh. OK. So I tried that, and the recipe fails in the config stage - it queries MyQ for the name of my garage door, but gets nothing back.

MyQ says I have to work it out with IFTTT. But, so, like, who do I talk to at IFTTT? There's no customer service that I can find. There's not even a forum! This group is what comes up on a Google search!

Jim Speiser
            38-year veteran of Home Automation
            Still don't know squat

Comment

As an alternative you could look into a Hubitat. There is a free plugin that works with Homeseer and I believe there is a plugin for MyQ. This would bypass IFTTT - which I think by all measures is something that most people think is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
                I have several functions that will only work through IFTTT (at my knowledge level, anyway). I'm struggling with one right now, the MyQ app that's supposed to open and close my garage door, they say it will work with Alexa, so I said, "terrific" and bought the system. Tried to get it to work with Alexa, they said, oh, it only works through IFTTT. Oh. OK. So I tried that, and the recipe fails in the config stage - it queries MyQ for the name of my garage door, but gets nothing back.

MyQ says I have to work it out with IFTTT. But, so, like, who do I talk to at IFTTT? There's no customer service that I can find. There's not even a forum! This group is what comes up on a Google search!
                Just curious: Why aren't you using the HomeSeer MyQ plug in? It works great.
                "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Just curious: Why aren't you using the HomeSeer MyQ plug in? It works great.
                  That's what I was wondering! Maybe not everyone knows we have this... Guys? simonmason JimSpy

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...plugin-for-hs4
                  πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

That's what I was wondering! Maybe not everyone knows we have this... Guys? simonmason JimSpy

Thanks for letting us know. I don't have a MyQ so doesn't apply to me but if I ever go that route I will be downloading the plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post

Thanks for letting us know. I don't have a MyQ so doesn't apply to me but if I ever go that route I will be downloading the plugin!
                      πŸ‘ No problem. it's certainly a lot easier, cheaper and more direct that adding another hub!
                      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Agreed! I always favor a Homeseer plugin. I use the hubitat for things I can’t (easily) do on Homeseer - mostly zigbee but a few other things and most importantly to use sharptools.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Um...er...uh....not everyone knows you have this. I didn't until today. I'm trying it now. But I know nothing about it. Will this replace my old IOLinc sensor/relay setup? I can get rid of the wires? It creates a device in HS3? With what as an interface? Are there docs? Can't find any in the support forum or elsewhere....egads, I wish I'd known about this 2 weeks ago....Thanks for the tip!

Jim Speiser
                          Still don't know squat

Comment

I subscribed to IFTTT.

Its faster now and it allowed me to connect my withings devices to HS4 via node red. It also allows me to control my radiant floor heat now (Warmup). I couldn't find a way to use those two devices otherwise.

Also, the premium account allows some javascript triggers and conditions.

-Devan

Comment

What is "faster"? Are we talking about less than one seconds or is it still several seconds (down from many minutes)? Not that I would pay these guys as I wasted too much time with them and I suspect sooner than later they will go belly up.

Comment

I gotta say, everything I do with IFTTT has been pretty spot on. Delays of maybe 2 seconds at most. Maybe they've made some changes.

Jim Speiser
                                Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
                                X