• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT and two homeseer subscriptions

Hey all
    I was hoping someone can help!

The set up
    I have 2 separate HS accounts/software . 1 using HS3 (my home) the other HS4.(office) linked together with HS premium.
    I have a tomtom with IFTTT
    IFTTT is set up on my HS4. I tried IFTTT on my HS3 ages ago but have since uninstalled.

The issue
    I am trying to set up a trigger with TomTom (geofencing) and homeseer at the office HS4 . But IFTTT keeps wanting to connect only to one account ie HS3 devices at my home. I want the trigger from HS4 devices.

Any thoughts, directions

Tried
    1) homeseer premium...set up Hs4 to load first
    2) IFTTT...disabled HS and re connected

I placed a ticket with the same problem. HS tech support didn't understand the issue that since my IFTTT is associated with one account, and I am now paying for that account, I cannot associate another email address to the new IFTTT account. Like you, I have two separate email addresses for my two HS4 licenses. That's the only known way to get google assistant devices to work with HS4.

Perhaps you can also put in a ticket and try to explain why this is a problem.

Comment

I know it may be an old question, but I have solved this sort of issue by having events on one system use the JSON Api on the second system to set what needs to be set. For the OP, in this case, if your IFTTT recipe is only able to contact one HS installation, could you have it run a system event that then communicates with the remote system? Or, perhaps use MQTT and publish the event from IFTTT and have each HS instance subscribe to the right topic for their events?

Comment

Originally posted by devanb View Post
        I placed a ticket with the same problem. HS tech support didn't understand the issue that since my IFTTT is associated with one account, and I am now paying for that account, I cannot associate another email address to the new IFTTT account. Like you, I have two separate email addresses for my two HS4 licenses. That's the only known way to get google assistant devices to work with HS4.

Perhaps you can also put in a ticket and try to explain why this is a problem.
        Can you explain why you need two different email addresses to get HS4 to work with Google assistant?

Comment

Hi fresnoboy,
          I wasn't the original poster, but I can say that in my case I needed two instances of HS running to monitor different locations. A summer camp and the house. Again, this is my case not the OP but I do see the OP talking about their office and their home so I'm assuming two locations as well.

For example, using IFTTT or Tasker to see that you're heading to the office to turn on the lights, printer, heat...then when you're heading back home have it turn on things there as well but turn them off elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post

Can you explain why you need two different email addresses to get HS4 to work with Google assistant?
            This setup was recommended by Homeseer support. I use google home devices in two locations. In order for Homeseer to control devices in two locations I had to create two separate users that could control Homeseer devices by their respective Google home accounts.

Comment

Working...
            X