IFTTT disconnect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT disconnect?

Yes, I still use IFTTT for a few things. "Change comes slowly." But today it is not working. None of my IFTTT applets are interacting with HomeSeer. In the Activity Log of the applet, everything is normal, it says the applet triggered normally. But the event it corresponds with in HS does not fire. Nothing shows in the HS log.

Does anyone know if the IFTTT->HS integration is kaput?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
    Yes, I still use IFTTT for a few things. "Change comes slowly." But today it is not working. None of my IFTTT applets are interacting with HomeSeer. In the Activity Log of the applet, everything is normal, it says the applet triggered normally. But the event it corresponds with in HS does not fire. Nothing shows in the HS log.

Does anyone know if the IFTTT->HS integration is kaput?
    My IFTTT was working this morning, I will report back if it doesn't work this afternoon. I have an AM and PM event for Bouncie.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

My IFTTT was working this morning, I will report back if it doesn't work this afternoon. I have an AM and PM event for Bouncie.
      Mark this one solved. Well, corrected, anyway. The solution was to reconnect IFTTT to HomeSeer. No clue as to how it became disconnected, or if it even was - the IFTTT page showed "Connected" and "Active." But I hit Reconnect anyway, and it seems to have worked.

Either Bouncie is a new plug-in for event management, or you are a Birthday Clown.

Peace out!

Jim Speiser
      Still don't know squat

Comment

Mark this one solved. Well, corrected, anyway. The solution was to reconnect IFTTT to HomeSeer. No clue as to how it became disconnected, or if it even was - the IFTTT page showed "Connected" and "Active." But I hit Reconnect anyway, and it seems to have worked.

Either Bouncie is a new plug-in for event management, or you are a Birthday Clown.

Peace out!
        I just realized...Bouncie is you, right? You're a Birthday Clown? Just a wild guess.

Jim Speiser
        Still don't know squat

Comment

I just realized...Bouncie is you, right? You're a Birthday Clown? Just a wild guess.
          I am not sure what the heck you are talking about but Bouncie is a GPS system I use to track with and I go through IFTTT because HS has no PI to directly connect to Bouncie.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

I am not sure what the heck you are talking about but Bouncie is a GPS system I use to track with and I go through IFTTT because HS has no PI to directly connect to Bouncie.
            Ha! Well, the way my mind works...I'd never heard of it, at first I just assumed it was some kind of technology, but then I read "I have two events for Bouncie," so I thought, OK, what two things do they have at kiddy birthday parties - Bounce Houses and clowns, so I figured maybe some entrepreneurial genius decided to market them as a pair. And I figured you were Bouncie the Bounce House clown and you had two engagements today....hey, cut me some slack, my Thorazine drip got clogged....

Jim Speiser
            Still don't know squat

Comment

Ha! Well, the way my mind works...I'd never heard of it, at first I just assumed it was some kind of technology, but then I read "I have two events for Bouncie," so I thought, OK, what two things do they have at kiddy birthday parties - Bounce Houses and clowns, so I figured maybe some entrepreneurial genius decided to market them as a pair. And I figured you were Bouncie the Bounce House clown and you had two engagements today....hey, cut me some slack, my Thorazine drip got clogged....
              That is funny! Bouncie the clown! What an imagination! Maybe increase the drip speed!!! Ha! Seriously though it is a GPS system that is pretty cheap at $8/mo. Some would say that is expensive but it is the cheapest I have found for the 15s response time. It would be nice to have a PI for it but there would have to be a lot more people using it to warrant making the PI.

Comment

Working...
              X