Triggering IFTTT Applets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I just replied to the helpdesk with:

I have updated both HS4 and the Z wave plug-in to the suggested versions. I have a valid IFTTT account with 4 button widgets that control my Neo Smart Blinds for the top up, top down, bottom up, and bottom down functions; all work perfectly. Similarly, all of those functions can be controlled by Siri voice command. I have a 5th IFTTT activity that is triggered by an HS virtual on-off device. When that device is turned on it should activate the shades to the favorite position (an activity I successfully tested with a button widget). At the IFTTT end, it shows that the HS service is connected, though I have nonetheless tried removing and restoring several times, as well as reconnecting several times. Turning on the HS virtual device shows as successful in the HS log. However, the shades do not move to the favorite position. The IFTTT log shows no activity at all for that applet.
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Axling, will40,tjankovshttps: Matt obviously read my helpdesk request today because he responded personally. If we could get the three of you to join David and me in logging a ticket on the helpdesk, maybe they will give a little priority to this issue. I don’t know about you guys, but I could sure use this function. The last post above is what I replied to Matt with. Here’s the link to the helpdesk.

https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...nation=portals
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Done!

Comment

Thanks Will40, maybe we are having some effect as I got another prompt reply from Matt (below). Unfortunately, the shade is in a 2nd home and I returned yesterday to my primary residence a 1,000 miles away. Consequently, I may not be able to test this for 6-8 weeks since I don't have a definitive means to know if the shade worked or not.

Matt Cave

1 hour ago
          Thank you for updating HS4 and the Z-Wave plugin. I noticed that you have tech support access enabled on your MyHS account, so I connected to see if I could see any warnings or errors in the logs. I noticed that there are some issues with the Z-Wave network sending commands, I recommend going to Plugins > Z-Wave > Config, then clicking the Enable Polling option so that it is unchecked. That should clear up issues with Z-Wave.

When you activate your device in HomeSeer, how long are you waiting for the resulting action? There is a delay in IFTTT reading updates from HomeSeer, but my applet to send me an email when a device turns on or off is still working, albeit with delays.

Additionally, was the virtual device you are working with created recently or in a previous version of HS4 or HS3?
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Working...
          X