X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sesykes71
    replied
    Geofencing and time

I have tried to setup HS3 to run an event when I return home only if it is after sunset. I used this event.

RETURN HOME

IF: This event is manually triggered.
    AND IF: The time is 15 minutes after sunset.
    THEN: Control a device.
    Garage light ON
    Kitchen light ON

Then in IFTTT I selected the event RETURN HOME
    to trigger when I come in the driveway.

The problem is that it triggers any time, not only after sunset. It also only turns on the garage light, not the kitchen.

What have I done wrong?

Steve

HS3 on a Raspberry Pi.

Leave a comment:

• huntsvegas
    Guest replied
    SmartThings

So far, just dabbling, but I've created recipes for my SmartThings controller. I've got my wife and my iPhones presence changes in SmartThings set to trigger a HS Event to set a Wife Presence counter (0/1) and my Presence counter (0/1). I then do things like:

Both away: Turn off fountain. If daytime, turn off lights. If garage door open, close garage door.

Either comes Home: Turn on fountain. If near sunset, trigger "Welcome Home" lighting.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by darren-mc View Post
    Cool this is on my shopping list for Xmas for the family so having this integration would be perfect.
    Our goal was to put the plugin in the store by now, but with this motivation I'll at least get it done til December...
    (And hopefully much earlier!)

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    Cool this is on my shopping list for Xmas for the family so having this integration would be perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Well, yeah. I'm using it daily.

Only thing missing for the first beta is a network search and DHCP support.

Leave a comment:

• darren-mc
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Me and Fermate is working on a plugin for Smarter.am devices, including a coffee machine.

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

Leave a comment:

• bufflo
    replied
    Two iPhone Connections?

I have an IFTTT recipe that tells homeseer that I am home based on the iPhone location services and it works very nicely. I have tried to set up my wife's phone to do the same thing connecting with her phone using my myhomeseer login credentials. However, this seems to break my recipe. When I reconnect myhomeseer under my IFTTT recipe then it breaks my wife's IFTTT recipe. So, it seems that she may need a login of her own. However, when I look at myhomeseer premium it seems to say that premium is for multiple systems. I want both my wife's IFTTT and my IFTTT recipes to both work under a single homeseer system.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
    Only thing that could make it better would be local control from HS but it still works pretty well.
    Me and Fermate is working on a plugin for Smarter.am devices, including a coffee machine.

Leave a comment:

• rmiles7721
    replied
    Morning Coffee

This is sort of convoluted and there might be an easier way to do this but it works for me.

First off my schedule is just highly...screwed up. I work on a six on two off schedule. Except holidays and other major events. Then I might or might not get one day off and then it has to fit in with the three managers that work for me and the other two district managers in my organization lol. Luckily I get my calendar for the entire year in October so it makes it easy to set up Dr appointments, etc. I usually will go through and put "richie off" as an event in my Google Calendar so my family will know.

Anyway, I set up two virtual devices in HS. Richie Work Status and Coffee (the all important coffee.) Richie work status has two controls. Richie Working and Richie Off.

IFTTT checks my google calendar and tells HS to set Richie Work Status based on my schedule.

In Homeseer I set up an event that triggers between 4:45 and 5:15am using the Easytrigger plugin if Richie Work Status is working to turn coffee on. When "Coffee" turns on IFTTT tells my Mr. Coffee (Wemo) to make the coffee.

Going to set up another one to make it later on my off days. My wife doesn't get up too much later than I do but I still like it to be good and hot. The nice thing about the Wemo coffee maker is that if it triggers again for some reason if there's no water in the reservoir or the filter has been taken out for some reason it won't attempt to make it, just send me another message I have set up using events.

Only thing that could make it better would be local control from HS but it still works pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• cjohlandt
    replied
    Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
    Moskus, Did you ever figure out how to do this? I have a similar need. I have an Automatic.com device and it sends the ignition on. It sends which vehicle in the ingredients, but I don't seem to have a way to use ingredients when I send it to HS. Right now I would like to be able to determine which vehicle and update the appropriate vehicle-specific device. I would also like to be able to send all of the ingredients to a script. This later would solve the former because I could update the appropriate device from the script.
    Ultrajones announced last month that he's in the planning phase for an Automatic plugin. Take a look at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...91#post1224991.

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• tpchristian
    replied
    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    I'm wishing for a way to get data into a device in HomeSeer.

IF Fitbit sleep logged
    UPDATE devices XYZ with minutes slept.
    Moskus, Did you ever figure out how to do this? I have a similar need. I have an Automatic.com device and it sends the ignition on. It sends which vehicle in the ingredients, but I don't seem to have a way to use ingredients when I send it to HS. Right now I would like to be able to determine which vehicle and update the appropriate vehicle-specific device. I would also like to be able to send all of the ingredients to a script. This later would solve the former because I could update the appropriate device from the script.

Leave a comment:

• chewie
    replied
    Biggest problem I have seen with trying to do anything via IF is latency. I created a few commands with my Amazon Echo and it worked to do things in HS, but took sometimes 2 minutes. Great if you are leaving or something like that but real time stuff won't work.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Here's a very interesting product... and these guys have a channel: http://www.smappee.com/us/

Looks like their sensor and software can differentiate between appliances and other devices based on the power profile of each. So... imaging being able to create a recipe such as...

If Smappee appliance (clothes dryer, microwave oven, etc) turns off, run a HomeSeer event to text me or speak to me.

How cool would that be?
    Anyone buy one of these and try integrating with HS via IFTTT or any other method. Looks very interesting and seems to have a simple API

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    Try it this way:

Create a virtual device for you being home or away and set that value from the ios location recipe in IFTTT

Change your event to trigger on that device "changing and becoming" on/off or home/away etc.

Leave a comment:

• steveng
    replied
    Im using a IFTTT recipe
    If IOS enter an area
    Then
    Run Homeseer event

my event is the one above and IFTTT is not an option as an IF for Homeseer (at least that I can see)

I do see what you are talking about on Manuel triggers, so I need to find a way to make it work, as I don't want to have an event that will trigger off the garage status

Should I have options for IFTTT is the Homeseer event IF statement?

Thanks,
    Steven G

Leave a comment:

Working...
X