Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up multiple users on same account?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Setting up multiple users on same account?

    Hi, I'd like very much for my wife to be able to access MyHS for our HS3 system, but it's very confusing. I have set her up in TOOLS-> SETUP->NETWORK as a "normal" user, with her own login and password. I was under the impression that I could then create a new user in MyHS with these same parameters, under the existing license/password, for her to be given access as a "normal" user when logging in remotely. But the MyHS account registration process does not allow more than 1 user per license? How can I handle this?


    Jim Speiser
    35-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

    #2
    Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
    Hi, I'd like very much for my wife to be able to access MyHS for our HS3 system, but it's very confusing. I have set her up in TOOLS-> SETUP->NETWORK as a "normal" user, with her own login and password. I was under the impression that I could then create a new user in MyHS with these same parameters, under the existing license/password, for her to be given access as a "normal" user when logging in remotely. But the MyHS account registration process does not allow more than 1 user per license? How can I handle this?
    Do you use HSTouch? You can add her as server 1 I believe and match that info to the info in setup. Then change connection mode in the app to have hers startup with that connection. I think she has to have a client name in the setup and that same info on her phone in HSTouch under Client Name.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      Do you use HSTouch? You can add her as server 1 I believe and match that info to the info in setup. Then change connection mode in the app to have hers startup with that connection. I think she has to have a client name in the setup and that same info on her phone in HSTouch under Client Name.
      Yes, I''m trying to get her on HSTouch. Are you saying that she does NOT have to have a separate account in MyHS that matches her info in SETUP?


      Jim Speiser
      35-year veteran of Home Automation
      Still don't know squat

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
        Yes, I''m trying to get her on HSTouch. Are you saying that she does NOT have to have a separate account in MyHS that matches her info in SETUP?
        I *think* MyHS will only allow a single user account, unless you purchase the premium services at $24 per year. With premium you can have multiple systems and I think multiple users. With port forwarding, you can set the user account in HSTouch configuration. Read here.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I *think* MyHS will only allow a single user account, unless you purchase the premium services at $24 per year. With premium you can have multiple systems and I think multiple users. With port forwarding, you can set the user account in HSTouch configuration. Read here.
          Randy, couldn't he just add HSTouch on her phone and put his username and pw in? If you wanted to take another step you could add a username and pw to server1 and add the same info in setup and select normal and then she could log in as server1. But then she could also log in as MyHomeseer also so it is a mood point.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by cowinger View Post
            Randy, couldn't he just add HSTouch on her phone and put his username and pw in? If you wanted to take another step you could add a username and pw to server1 and add the same info in setup and select normal and then she could log in as server1. But then she could also log in as MyHomeseer also so it is a mood point.
            In his original post he asked "I'd like very much for my wife to be able to access MyHS". He stated he wanted to use her credentials so that her access is limited. As I wrote above MyHS will not work with multiple users or multiple systems without purchasing the premium service. If he is using port forwarding, each HSTouch client can use different credentials, because he would be directly communicating with HS without the MyHS proxy.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by rprade View Post
              In his original post he asked "I'd like very much for my wife to be able to access MyHS". He stated he wanted to use her credentials so that her access is limited. As I wrote above MyHS will not work with multiple users or multiple systems without purchasing the premium service. If he is using port forwarding, each HSTouch client can use different credentials, because he would be directly communicating with HS without the MyHS proxy.
              Ok, I see what you are saying. Just because you set up a user in settings and on a phone doesn't allow for a second user with limited access. It still goes through the admin persons sign in credentials that has the license.

              Comment


                #8
                OK, so bottom line, I can't? She has to be me for MyHS? Then what is the purpose of creating multiple accounts within the HS SETUP page?


                Jim Speiser
                35-year veteran of Home Automation
                Still don't know squat

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
                  OK, so bottom line, I can't? She has to be me for MyHS? Then what is the purpose of creating multiple accounts within the HS SETUP page?
                  MyHS free only supports a single account. MyHS premium for $24 per year supports multiple users and multiple systems.

                  The reason for multiple logins is to control access on your LAN, or from port forwarding your WAN. MyHS creates its own users, unless it is disabled in setup. With the premium service, you may be able to use accounts you’ve already setup, but I am not sure since I haven’t tried it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Well then. Okie dokie. Thanks.


                    Jim Speiser
                    35-year veteran of Home Automation
                    Still don't know squat

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      MyHS free only supports a single account. MyHS premium for $24 per year supports multiple users and multiple systems.

                      The reason for multiple logins is to control access on your LAN, or from port forwarding your WAN. MyHS creates its own users, unless it is disabled in setup. With the premium service, you may be able to use accounts you’ve already setup.
                      yup, this is the case... total rip off. Vera provides this for FREE with all hubs, at any price point. At min, HST should provide a free Family plan with 4 or 5 logins and control of 2 or 3 hubs. another shovel full of dirt of the grave they are digging for themselves. Sad really, it could have been a contender.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        MyHS free only supports a single account. MyHS premium for $24 per year supports multiple users and multiple systems.

                        The reason for multiple logins is to control access on your LAN, or from port forwarding your WAN. MyHS creates its own users, unless it is disabled in setup. With the premium service, you may be able to use accounts you’ve already setup, but I am not sure since I haven’t tried it.
                        Hey Randy, the premium service is only if you want to manage multiple HS systems, (in the Premium description, it only states it’s for multiple systems, not multiple users) you can add additional web/HSTouch users in the network tab in setup but they can only access one HS system via MyHS and/or locally. Once you create a login, then to the right there is a drop down menu that allows you to restrict what type of access that user has. You can then restrict even further by device, but that is in the device config screen.

                        I pay for the premium service only because I manage more than one HS system and I need to restrict, my wife for example from accessing any system other than our home. The only way to see this option when logging into MyHS is to pay for the premium service and have more than one HS system linked to that account.

                        If you log into your MyHS account and click on the “Manage Account” button it should give you an option to add a user, correct?

                        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by The Profit; November 5, 2018, 03:31 AM.
                        HS3 3.0.0.548 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 996 Devices, 547 Events
                        Plugin's:
                        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X