This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
    It happens, even to the professionals. We all learn through our not so proud moments, right?

What is important here is the support escalation process. I think that some people found out about it but probably didn't know who to contact. Let's face it, things are going to happen, the key is to know how to appropriately escalate the situation to the folks that can do something about it....
    Oh I get it. Stuff happens. I checked the HS status page and all said β€œgreen operational.” That gave me a laugh as well.

Comment

Hst need to get their things together . I feel less and less confidents about their support.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
        It happens, even to the professionals. We all learn through our not so proud moments, right?

What is important here is the support escalation process. I think that some people found out about it but probably didn't know who to contact. Let's face it, things are going to happen, the key is to know how to appropriately escalate the situation to the folks that can do something about it....
        Maybe take the opportunity to describe the proper escalation process.

I am one of those who does not know what that process is. I have always used the community.

If there is a more formal way. Maybe describe it here.

Is it just the tech support phone, chat, email?

https://homeseer.com/contact-us/

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          HST is aware of this issue and is currently working the issue.
          Any updates?
          is there a specific place we can monitor for updates on this issue?
          Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

ArbWare you can always monitor via an SSL certification scanner, such as: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/anal...eer.com&latest

I'm sure once HomeSeer starts their business hours for Monday (7am East coast at the moment) that they will fix it.

Should have been renewed at the latest on Friday last week if there is no 24/7 contact available to fix it during non-business hours, but things happen.

Comment

Posting my frustrating at last - because at work our firewall would only let me view this site if I clicked through four different warnings, but it refused let me post. As an ICT Manager I've seen some pretty phenomenal stuff ups over time, and mistakes happen, but never anything so fundamental as an online business not renewing an SSL. Even more so that there's not even an acknowledgment of this all day (it's Monday night in AUS and this was already broken first thing this morning).

Comment

rjh Are you working this weekend's certificate outage? I seem to recall a message from you back in January when the integration went down due to an untested code change. And now a certificate is expired. Come on guys...

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Should be OK now, very sorry for the down time. To me this is unacceptable that this went down, it was due to a code change that was not fully tested. Trust me when I say new testing procedures are going into affect immediately. Its bad enough when these types of systems go down due to Internet issues and then we break it because of a user error!

We are working on the service to make it faster and more reliable, obviously failed on the more reliable part!

Comment

Their Cert appears to be with Comodo.

Comodo offers 25 x 7 free support. HST is not utilizing this for some reason.
                  Comodo offers Instant issuance. HST simply needs to call/fax/email.
                  Comodo offers indefinite re-issuance options, apparently HST hasn’t pursued those.

Alexa, HSTouch and many other services have been off-line for 12 hours with:
                  • No notifications
                  • No resolution path given
                  • No ETA given
                  • No True status on the Status Page
                  The HomeSeer status page has said All Systems Green for the last 12 hours, and we know that’s false.
                  Someone reported that β€˜HST knows about this’. But still the Status page is reporting #FakeStatuses
                  Why is there even a Status page?
                  I wasted a lot of time, once again, debugging my side for no reason... (this is not the first time the Status page was proven to be fake)

It appears that HST has failed to meet even the minimum standards that we expect from the most basic of startups, not to mention a company that has been in business for decades...

Comment

The issue has been resolved in my system. Now it's working properly.

Comment

All set now. Sorry for the drama.
                      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

My camera feeds broke because of the HS SSL, and after they fixed the SSL were still broken. Killing and re-opening HomeSeer Mobile made no difference, rebooting the iPad made no difference, ultimately I had to reboot HomeSeer itself and then BAM the cameras came back up. So just a heads up in case you're still struggling after this saga...
                        Attached Files

Comment

This actually highlights an important observation. If homeseer ever implodes, temporally or permanently, lots of functionality is gone. While there is local processing going on, there are still key systems that rely on their site.

What actions are going to be taken to prevent this in the future? Will the status page get addressed and actually represent true status and incorporate SSL certs? Was anyone ever officially notified of the outage and the resolution? I haven’t been. Anyone else a little concerned?

Comment

Originally posted by Dom9360 View Post
                            This actually highlights an important observation. If homeseer ever implodes, temporally or permanently, lots of functionality is gone. While there is local processing going on, there are still key systems that rely on their site.

What actions are going to be taken to prevent this in the future? Will the status page get addressed and actually represent true status and incorporate SSL certs? Was anyone ever officially notified of the outage and the resolution? I haven’t been. Anyone else a little concerned?
                            I am. Mainly because the interoperability of Voice Assistants with home automation is not just a "cool" thing, not just a "geeky" thing, but a tremendous boon to the physically disabled. Like, f'rinstance, my wife, who has limited mobility and has come to depend on Alexa/IFTTT/HomeSeer (and a few Flic buttons) to make her life a lot easier. (You wanna talk about WAF??)

So, yeah, I think HST should consider keeping us apprised of what steps they are taking to prevent future outages.

Jim Speiser
                            38-year veteran of Home Automation
                            Still don't know squat

Comment

Losing Alexa control for our house would be significant. I try to automate just about everything, but the reality is that sometimes manual control is needed. Voice control, not mobile phone, is paramount.
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Local voice control posts moved to this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-voice-control
                                πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Working...
                                X