X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connected2.homeseer.com not working

Hi,

Connected2.homeseer.com is not working (get login page when using web hooks) connected11.homeseer.com is working

al my webhooks have been using connected2 for al long time, but it takes me a long time to change all the webhooks in all applications and on the phones/devices.
    So a quick change to connected11 is not a quick fix for me.

is there ar more general url to use for webhooks (instead of connected2 or connected11) ?
    connected.homeseer.com does exist but also leads to login page for myhs

Thx,

Henk

For any connection issues you will want to put in a help desk ticket/email at support@homeseer.com
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sent an e-mail, but Connected2 has been down since yesterday.

Comment

Is it possible for the support team to create a status page for the server so we know when there are issues that we don’t need to diagnose on the remote side?

Comment

Originally posted by hankli View Post
          Is it possible for the support team to create a status page for the server so we know when there are issues that we don’t need to diagnose on the remote side?
          They have a status page at https://status.homeseer.com/

Comment

I have the same issue now. Neither connected2 nor connected seems to be working, for a few days. On the other hand, connected22 is working it seems.
            I have just sent a request to support

Comment

So I just tested it again on my Geofency and Connected2 is still not working whereas Connected 22 is working. I have had no response to the e-mail other than the "your e-mail has been received". I am located in Central Alabama if that matters.

I don't know if it is connected but:
              1. I am also having the problem where my Alexia devices are not recognized and "Alexia" always replies that "that device cannot be found". This started the same time as GeoFency not working and still did not work as of this morning. Funny thing is that if I do the "Ask Homeseer to" It can control individual devices, but I have lost the ability to turn off entire rooms (as set up in Alexia)

2. Homeseer mobile was not working the day I posted above, but seems to be working now. HS3 Touch worked fine while HomeseerMobile "could not communicate". This was on my phone away from the house (so probably over cellular)

Honestly, having to press the Go to bed button at night instead of Just telling Alexia, remembering to set the home to away, coming home to a dark house, and manually disarming the alarm when I get home are all 1st world problems and something I can live with for a few days. I just thought I would have gotten an e-mail response, or there be a response on the board by now.

Comment

And as of now:
                Connected22 is not working and Connected2 is working again.

Comment

The current status for me is that "connected" is now working for ONE of my two HS installations, but for the other one I still have to use "connected22".
                  I have not heard back from support......

Comment

connected2 has not been working for me for a few days now. I am in the uk.

I have sent an email to support.

Steve

Comment

I reset the server, let me know if you are still having an issue.

But just so we are clear, we currently have 2 servers that serve HS connections, they are connected11.homeseer.com and connected22.homeseer.com. Right now only one is active at a time and the other is a backup. You should always connect to connected2.homeseer.com. That is an Azure traffic manager connection and it will route traffic to the correct active server. So when you say that connected2 does not work but connected22 does work, the tells me that your system might be connected to a server that is currently not the active server. Restart your HS system and then try connected2 again. That will tell us if that is the problem. I can tell you that quite a few systems are not honoring the TTL on the DNS for connected2 (the traffic manager uses DNS to direct traffic) and they stay connected to the wrong server.

In any event a change is being tested where we will move to a load balancing arrangement and it won't matter which system you are connected to, we will automatically redirect as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post

But just so we are clear, we currently have 2 servers that serve HS connections, they are connected11.homeseer.com and connected22.homeseer.com. Right now only one is active at a time and the other is a backup. You should always connect to connected2.homeseer.com. That is an Azure traffic manager connection and it will route traffic to the correct active server. So when you say that connected2 does not work but connected22 does work, the tells me that your system might be connected to a server that is currently not the active server. Restart your HS system and then try connected2 again. That will tell us if that is the problem. I can tell you that quite a few systems are not honoring the TTL on the DNS for connected2 (the traffic manager uses DNS to direct traffic) and they stay connected to the wrong server.

In any event a change is being tested where we will move to a load balancing arrangement and it won't matter which system you are connected to, we will automatically redirect as needed.
                        connected2 is working for me now having been down for 3 or 4 days.

Thanks,
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post

Hey Rich,
                          There were a few users that have the connected2 link in Geofency app that wouldn’t get through until it was changed to connected22, so I’m not sure if it helps to know in that instance, the traffic was not coming from an HS client but from the Geofency app? In this case, would restarting the HS system resolve the issue of the Geofency data not getting through to HS?

Clients running HST that were both local and remote (using MyHS) were working normally, so I assume that means HS had a working connection?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                          Plugin's:
                          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I had an issue with Alexa on 12/11 (Wednesday) evening. After a server reboot (Windows updates), things returned to normal.

nslookup command can be used to diagnose problems with the MyHS service. This works on either Windows or Linux; output format between the two is slightly different. [Linux shown below].

Right now,
                            Code:
                            $ nslookup connected2.homeseer.com
                            connected2.homeseer.com canonical name = connected2.trafficmanager.net.
                            connected2.trafficmanager.net   canonical name = connected22.homeseer.com.
                            Name:   connected22.homeseer.com
                            Address: [COLOR=#FF0000]45.76.21.192[/COLOR]
                            So now, connected2 is "traffic managed" to connected22 (How Traffic Manager works)

This has changed from yesterday, I have this in my scroll-back:
                            Code:
                            $ nslookup connected2.homeseer.com
                            connected2.homeseer.com canonical name = connected2.trafficmanager.net.
                            connected2.trafficmanager.net   canonical name = connected11.homeseer.com.
                            Name:   connected11.homeseer.com
                            Address: [COLOR=#FF0000]209.126.122.109[/COLOR]
                            So yesterday, and on the 11th, connected2 was aliasing to connected11.

Next, check the "backend" connection. On your Windows HS3 system,

Code:
                            C:\Users\homeseer>netstat -tn | find "10300"
                              TCP    192.168.1.103:58436    [COLOR=#FF0000]45.76.21.192[/COLOR]:10300     ESTABLISHED     InHost
                            On Linux, the command would be
                            Code:
                            netstat -tn | grep 10300
                            Note the highlighted IP address matches that found for connected2 (connected22), above. If these don't match, it ain't gonna work...

Comment

I wonder if the geofency app is caching an IP address? For example if it accesses connected2 and it returns the IP address for connected11 it then saves that IP. If we then switch to connected22 the app should detect this (based on the TTL timeout which is about 15 seconds) and switch to the other IP. If this is an app that you run, next time you see a connection issue restart that app and see if it then works. I know there are systems that are not honoring the TTL. Right now we are on connected22 but I see 13 systems connected to connected11. Those systems will run into issues.

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Hey Rich,
                              There were a few users that have the connected2 link in Geofency app that wouldn’t get through until it was changed to connected22, so I’m not sure if it helps to know in that instance, the traffic was not coming from an HS client but from the Geofency app? In this case, would restarting the HS system resolve the issue of the Geofency data not getting through to HS?

Clients running HST that were both local and remote (using MyHS) were working normally, so I assume that means HS had a working connection?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X