Can't connect through myhs when not on home network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect through myhs when not on home network

I have myHS up and running and I am able to log in just fine when I am on my home network. When I leave the home network however, I am not able to log in. I am presented with Error Please check username and password and try again.

I have the user account set up in homeseer with the same password that I log in to myHS with
    I have my homeseer port (not using 80) forwarded to the server

What am I missing?

I had a similar issue until recently. I had forgotten that I had my previous Raspberry assigned in the MyHS Server and that I had upgraded to a Hometroller - SEL. It had me baffled for some time.
    Lots of things to think about when switching system.
    I assigned my Hometroller with licence etc to MyHS server and all has worked since. You are only allowed one device on the free MyHS server.
    I tested by switching my Wifi off on my mobile and accessing my system via HS Mobile.

Hope that helps.

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Jo View Post
      I had a similar issue until recently. I had forgotten that I had my previous Raspberry assigned in the MyHS Server and that I had upgraded to a Hometroller - SEL. It had me baffled for some time.
      Lots of things to think about when switching system.
      I assigned my Hometroller with licence etc to MyHS server and all has worked since. You are only allowed one device on the free MyHS server.
      I tested by switching my Wifi off on my mobile and accessing my system via HS Mobile.

Hope that helps.

Jo
      You might be on to something. I moved my system from an old computer to a dedicated mini PC, I don't know if I need to re-authorize myHS. have something to try. Thank you

Comment

how do you re-authorize myhs?

Comment

Working...
        X