• Show
Clear All

MyHS running?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Connect.png
Views:	212
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	1391176

I'm trying to edit an HSTouch project, which will only connect through MyHS. Is MyHS down?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

It is definitely down at this point.

Comment

status.homeseer.com indicates "Under Maintenance". No further explanation or timeframe.
      -Wade

Comment

Yes it's currently down.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Spoke with support and they are doing maintenance per the chat...

Comment

Be nice if the could announce this beforehand or better yet do it doing off hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post

I'm trying to edit an HSTouch project, which will only connect through MyHS. Is MyHS down?
              I have my connection in the designer set to connect directly to the HS server, by using the direct local HS server IP address. That way when or if MyHs is down, I never even know it.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post

I have my connection in the designer set to connect directly to the HS server,
                I did too. But because there is some as yet unidentified bug in the system, some of us can no longer connect that way. The only way I can connect is through MyHS. I'm told there are others who can only connect directly and cannot connect through MyHS.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                  I did too. But because there is some as yet unidentified bug in the system, some of us can no longer connect that way. The only way I can connect is through MyHS. I'm told there are others who can only connect directly and cannot connect through MyHS.
                  Did this start suddenly, or right after upgrading HS or Touch? Wonder if it has anything to do with what userid is being used (I use the "default" as the user id).

Comment

Originally posted by Morgster View Post
                    Be nice if the could announce this beforehand or better yet do it doing off hours.
                    Our planet is very big with a vast number of timezones - it was off hours for me (11pm).

Comment

Did this start suddenly, or right after upgrading HS or Touch? Wonder if it has anything to do with what userid is being used (I use the "default" as the user id).
                      HST is trying to figure it out. It isn't the user id. All I know is that it affects some users, but I don't think HST has been able to reproduce it. It was not a software update as far as I could tell. It was "sudden" in the sense that one time when I tried to use Designer it locked up and the only way I could get in was through MyHS. (I'd never have figured that out on my own. I contacted HS support, and that's the suggestion they offered. . .and it worked.) I hadn't used it in a while though, so there is a fairly long window when the problem could have appeared.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Very weird that it would suddenly start failing without something changing. (Although with Android, you never know, although a reboot usually fixes those type of Android issues.)

Comment

I was having issues as well while designing my project and was told by support to always connect my Android tablets through my homeseer.

they did say that if you were on a local system it would default over to the local IP and not go through myHS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                            I was having issues as well while designing my project and was told by support to always connect my Android tablets through my homeseer.

they did say that if you were on a local system it would default over to the local IP and not go through myHS.
                            This problem not withstanding, I can understand why Support would generically recommend going through MyHs. If you have not assigned a fixed LAN IP address to your HS Server, then you would have to place a server name in the server name connection field, which then requires some sort of local DNS name lock up to resolve to the actual IP address. MyHs will know what that address is, so going through MyHs eliminates having to do a local look up (which may not even be working for some users). Since I have assigned a fixed LAN IP address to my HS Server, I can then just enter the explicit IP server address in the server name field, and no name lookup is required.

I am puzzled as to how this problem came about, if no software updates were made. Hopefully when it is resolved, Homeseer will tell us why.

I do know that if this was happening to me with my setup, I would be running around rebooting everything, including my router.

Comment

This problem not withstanding, I can understand why Support would generically recommend going through MyHs. If you have not assigned a fixed LAN IP address to your HS Server, then you would have to place a server name in the server name connection field, which then requires some sort of local DNS name lock up to resolve to the actual IP address. MyHs will know what that address is, so going through MyHs eliminates having to do a local look up (which may not even be working for some users). Since I have assigned a fixed LAN IP address to my HS Server, I can then just enter the explicit IP server address in the server name field, and no name lookup is required.

I am puzzled as to how this problem came about, if no software updates were made. Hopefully when it is resolved, Homeseer will tell us why.

I do know that if this was happening to me with my setup, I would be running around rebooting everything, including my router.
                              you are probably right... i do have a fixed IP... they never asked and i didn't think to bring it up. Things do seem more stable lately... but that could be any number of reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X